Subject: Trivial question about storage in the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Anderson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game has just arrived so I spent the evening popping out the tiles and counters then counting and sorting all the cards. All the cards and counters are now in neat little poly bags but even though there is now less material given the counters/tiles frames are no longer needed, I can barely get everything back in the box.
Do you normally ditch the tray from the bottom of the box or is there a prefered way to pack it all up e.g. tiles, cards or counters in the tray first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hansen
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cardboard insert that ships with the box is long gone for me. I have the board, cards in tuck boxes, and a full counter tray. Same for Tiger Leader. I then keep the terrain tiles from both games, along with the terrain tile expansion, in a third box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my cards in a 4x6 index card box. (See images)
From the original game box I throw away the shipping insert.
In the original box I know have all game pieces with the exception of the cards and terrain tiles.

EDIT:
As I don’t have Tiger Leader the TL upgrade is put away in its original box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
wtjBatman wrote:
The cardboard insert that ships with the box is long gone for me. I have the board, cards in tuck boxes, and a full counter tray. Same for Tiger Leader. I then keep the terrain tiles from both games, along with the terrain tile expansion, in a third box.

That's what I did also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The cardboard insert is to keep the components safe, and look nice when the box is opened, but I agree with Wayne, once you have the game, get rid of the insert so you have more room for your components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Anderson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - it's gone!
This is my first game of this sort (beyond the disappointment of Airfix Battles, which was soon re-sold and the likes of Monopoly, Scrabble, Risk etc). I have to say I was very pleased with the opening-the-box-experience and the quality of the parts. The way those counters and tiles are cut such that they stay on the frame yet pop off easily with no tearing is a real engineering marvel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.