Brian Harmon
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While adding packs to my collection I noticed that it said something to the effect that this packs adds 2 enemy groups. In this case there is only one Jawa model with two deployment cards. Anyone have any input?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't ever need more than one set of miniatures from a Villain pack at a time. Once they get added to the app, you might get the Regular or Elite version showing up, but having one of those groups in play will ensure the other one isn't picked.

Having said that, there are also the bigger expansions that give you tokens for enemies, so it is possible that you will need both the tokens and figures at the same time, but I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsetius
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got two Dewback Riders for that very reason, as there are two different rider sculpts in the pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United Kingdom
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understood correctly, you can only use one of each ally/villain pack in a campaign as per the 'component limitations' rule (I assume this rule also applies to the LotA campaign). There are some exceptions to this, which are detailed in the relevant rules. The ones I know of are:

Hired Guns/ISB Infiltrators - these are limited by the cards in the pack, not the figures, so you could get a second pack for the extra figures (but not cards).
General Weiss - you could get another pack for the extra AT-ST
Captain Terro - for the Dewback Rider

The Stormtrooper villain pack is also an exception in that you are still limited to nine figures from the core box. This pack just gives you some extra cards and alt. sculpts for those stormtroopers but it does not increase the limit.

The Jawa is not an exception as far as I know (I don't have that one yet), so would be limited to the figure you get in the pack. It's just that this can either be a Regular or Elite unit. I stand corrected - see below. The Jawa seems to be the same as Hired Guns/ISB Infiltrators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jawa Scavenger surely also allows you to use both deployment cards, i.e. two packs worth of figures. But the elite is so much better that there are only a few rare cases when you would have the desire to have both in the same mission.

Jawa Scavenger, COMPONENT LIMITATIONS wrote:
In a campaign, players are limited to the number of Deployment
cards included in this expansion. Therefore, the Imperial player
is limited to one regular and one elite Jawa Scavenger group,
regardless of how many copies of this expansion he owns.

All the non-unique "villain" packs allow to use both deployment cards, so in that sense Jawa Scavenger is not an exception.

The Bantha is an exception in so many ways that being limited to one (it's elite, so not surprising) is just one of them.

None of this matters for the app and especially not at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Jawa Scavenger surely also allows you to use both deployment cards, i.e. two packs worth of figures. But the elite is so much better that there are only a few rare cases when you would have the desire to have both in the same mission.

Jawa Scavenger, COMPONENT LIMITATIONS wrote:
In a campaign, players are limited to the number of Deployment
cards included in this expansion. Therefore, the Imperial player
is limited to one regular and one elite Jawa Scavenger group,
regardless of how many copies of this expansion he owns.

Aw. Thanks! I honestly just thought I'd get 2 figures with this pack. I'm kinda disappointed there was only 1 in there (especially considering its size). But it's charming and it adds its own specific flavor to the gameplay, so I'm still OK with it overall. Are we supposed to get a token to play the Jawa if 2 cards are used with a single pack, then?

And thanks for pointing it out, A1bert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no Jawa Scavenger token. I have heard rumors that later on you could mark more than one copy in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know if this is still true in light of the recent content (enemies from all expansions) that was added to the app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.