Wits & Wagers Party» Forums » General

Subject: The manual rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found this game at a thrift store today for like $4.50. upon opening the box i found that the contents are still sealed. My guess is that this was a gift for someone who didnt realise the type of game it is and it was donated.

What i found most interesting was the story on the manual... A little story about how Dominic used to captain a fiahing boat, and one day was out on the water and his boats electronics systems were disabled so he had to guide himself home via navigating the north star.

Wtf is this true??? It sounds almost ridiculous but holy crap! I cant imagine being in that position!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Wtf is this true??? It sounds almost ridiculous but holy crap! I cant imagine being in that position!

Yes it's true. And please don't use my last name in vain. Thanks.

I'm in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!! Much respect to you! Thats quite the story. I feel bad that i don't dnt buy the game retail now (i dont know why lol).

Hopefully one day ill get to meet you one year at a convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't feel bad. I'm happy the game found a loving home and will get played. Nothing is worse than having your game sit unused.

And I should mention there is one part of the story that isn't true. I didn't guide our boat by the North Star. It was raining. But I did choose the company name because of how it relates to my fishing in Alaska adventures, so I tried to find a way to tie it into the story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol understood! Regardless its still very scarey. I couldnt have done it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.