Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordy Ramone
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mb
We were just playing crokinole this Xmas with my family. We are from Manitoba and I have played this game many times growing up. Just wondering if anyone else plays with this variation to the rules. When we get the shot in the 20 spot we keep it in there for one shot. The opposing player has one opportunity to knock it out. If he doesn't knock it out the disc is removed and scored as 20. I find this way fun because you try to hit the disc as hard as you can and can cause some fun carnage on the board. Has anyone else ever heard of this variation? I recommend everyone try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
That does not sound fun.

But I am glad you have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mb
My wife is from Winkler, and I am from Brandon. We also play a lot of crokinole, but we've not tried this variant. We'll have to give it a go next time we get the board on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have enough trouble finding the 20 hole without adding another challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordy Ramone
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mb
scifiantihero wrote:
That does not sound fun.

But I am glad you have fun!
haha. If you take the game serious and are good at it I could see it being annoying because it adds more randomness to the game but it sure is fun letting the disc rip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nolto
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family, from Manitoba (Austin/Winnipeg), also play with that rule (allowing a player to try to knock out the 20).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordy Ramone
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mb
Nolto wrote:
My family, from Manitoba (Austin/Winnipeg), also play with that rule (allowing a player to try to knock out the 20).
awesome. Glad we aren't the only ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.