Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: When traveling back to gloomhaven, do we take a road event? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When traveling back to gloomhaven, do we take a road event?
For city event , when do we do? Do after level up / purchase item ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you do a road event when you leave Gloomhaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
You also do a Road Event if you travel from one Scenario location to another Scenario that isn't linked.

There's only one reason to do that without visiting Gloomhaven first, though, which is when someone in the party has fulfilled their retirement goal but for whatever reason doesn't want to retire yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or if someone has leveled up but for some reason doesn't want to level up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or if someone has enough gold to buy something cool but for some reason doesn't want to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or if someone’s character has developed scelerophobia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
Or if someone’s character has developed scelerophobia.

I'm not sure hanging out with a band of mercenaries is really any better for a scelerophobe. Especially if there is a Scoundrel involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
scream81 wrote:
For city event , when do we do? Do after level up / purchase item ?

You can do a City Event any time you are in town, so either before or after other activities in town. You can even do some purchasing, do a City Event, and then do some more purchasing. But you are limited to one City Event per "visit" (basically once in between each scenario done in Campaign mode, provided you elect to return to town between, as well as the one City Event that is allowed before the first scenario).

Also, City Events are always optional (although once you initiate a City Event, you MUST choose one of the options and then accept the consequences and/or benefits of whatever choice you make for the event)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each character can also donate to the sanctuary once at any time during a visit to Gloomhaven as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daemon6 wrote:
Each character can also donate to the sanctuary once at any time during a visit to Gloomhaven as well.

I cant convince my party to donate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Me neither, but I'm plugging away at hitting that ten-donation milestone anyway. And enjoying my two blessings per encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:

Ten gold for triple crit chance (especially if playing a character with a slim deck like MT) is a bargain.

Just keep donating, and each time you crit due to blessing, point it out.

Simply unlocking the 100 Gold envelope should be enough motivation, since unlocks are awesome. Either way, when everyone is geared up, the rate is sure to pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
mancora wrote:

Ten gold for triple crit chance (especially if playing a character with a slim deck like MT) is a bargain.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Once you unlock the 100 Gold envelope, you'll notice a significant rise in donations. Or when everyone is geared up.

Hey (and I am not trying to be mean here), but I have not yet started playing my copy. I think I am trying to get my regular group to engage, but for now, my box sits ready but unplayed.

Having said that, would you be so kind as to edit your post to put the last sentence into a SPOILER tag (like what I did in quoting you)? I am fine with spoilers, but someone else may be taken aback by stumbling upon your comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
DeS_Tructive wrote:
mancora wrote:

Once you unlock the 100 Gold envelope, you'll notice a significant rise in donations. Or when everyone is geared up.

Hey (and I am not trying to be mean here), but I have not yet started playing my copy. I think I am trying to get my regular group to engage, but for now, my box sits ready but unplayed.

Having said that, would you be so kind as to edit your post to put the last sentence into a SPOILER tag (like what I did in quoting you)? I am fine with spoilers, but someone else may be taken aback by stumbling upon your comment.

Hey Chris,
Its not a spoiler, in the rules it says that if you donate 10 coins to the church or whatever it is you get two blessings which double your attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind, i see what you were referring to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
DeS_Tructive wrote:
mancora wrote:

Hey Chris,
Its not a spoiler, in the rules it says that if you donate 10 coins to the church or whatever it is you get two blessings which double your attack.

I can't believe I had been screwing up blessings. I was only adding one card. Of course in my last play I drew the null as my 3rd to last card in the deck, followed by the 2x cards and the blessing. It was the final round and I was triple checking my discards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:

Having said that, would you be so kind as to edit your post to put the last sentence into a SPOILER tag (like what I did in quoting you)?

I can see that being considered a minor spoiler. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Larkin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
DeS_Tructive wrote:
[q="mancora"]

yeah thanks a lot. The envelope was ruined for me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onaplake wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
DeS_Tructive wrote:
[q="mancora"]

How?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Larkin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
onaplake wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
DeS_Tructive wrote:
[q="mancora"]

How?

I didn't know what was in it. Now I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onaplake wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
onaplake wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
DeS_Tructive wrote:
[q="mancora"]

How?

I didn't know what was in it. Now I do.

Don’t get it, where do they tell you whats inside? Even in the spoilers there is nothing spoilerish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Larkin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100 gold envelope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onaplake wrote:
100 gold envelope

That‘s not what’s in there, but what it cost to unlock
Would be rather boring to just get the money back you paid (and wouldn’t make much sense thematic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Larkin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.