Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

YINSH» Forums » General

Subject: 2018 re-print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N S
msg tools
Any chance this game will be getting a re-print in 2018? I've been wanting to buy it ever since I discovered it a few months ago but unable to find a reasonable price for it online.

Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing you are from the US, but not sure.

Amazon.de, Boardgameguru.co.uk and Philibertnet.com all have it in stock for about €27. Not sure on shipping to US, but worth checking out.

M B
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From a quick search:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about this too. Seems to be the most talked about game in the series, but it's super hard to find for a decent price.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colcakes196 wrote:
I'm curious about this too. Seems to be the most talked about game in the series, but it's super hard to find for a decent price.


exactly! someone on facebook literally tried to sell me this for some outrageous price (he didn't say), but he said a $50 copy would be "cheap". People know that this game goes for 25~, and msrps for like 35 right? Are people actually buying this game for more than $40?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
msyterhe wrote:
People know that this game goes for 25~, and msrps for like 35 right? Are people actually buying this game for more than $40?

Supply and demand. It's not available via any of the standard online retailers. What's so strange about that?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid £30 plus shipping for Yinsh with some of the other titles from German Amazon when it was released last year, so I am guessing that would be $40 when first released.

I do think you guys in the States don't realise how much the rest of the world pays for some of these games, esp. if I buy in the UK as opposed to Europe.

I guess you get used to what the market volumes can get away with.

Of course that means sometimes we get a cheap game and sometimes you get an expensive one.

It depends on how much you like it. Play it online some and then make your decision as to whether it is worth it.

M B
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd be happy to find it for under $50. The lowest I've seen lately is $100+
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know people in the Americas that use the amazon.de to ship games over the pond, and everyone is happy.

My own personal experience (my wife secret santa target was in Brazil) with amazon.de shipping to the Americas was very good.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jamuki wrote:
I know people in the Americas that use the amazon.de to ship games over the pond, and everyone is happy.

My own personal experience (my wife secret santa target was in Brazil) with amazon.de shipping to the Americas was very good.


Here you have the entry for a copy YINSH in English: https://www.amazon.de/Huch-Friends-879424-Yinsh-Strategiespi...

It displays the entry and everything in German, but just press in the language selector (is under the search bar for amazon, close to the right - would have DE by default), and select English, and you will see the same entry in English.

You add it to the cart, then choose Amazon Global Standard as delivery method - and you will get it for 38.17$ (*) delivered to your home by 9-12 March.

Not a bad deal - I do not understand why more people do not use amazon.de in USA

----

(*) This quote is with a faked Address in Boston. Maybe other parts of USA is slight more expensive.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried amazon.de. It's $50.62 delivered to me (in Seattle). A little more than Boston, but yeah less than $100, if that's what people are paying. (I already own it.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jamuki wrote:
jamuki wrote:
I know people in the Americas that use the amazon.de to ship games over the pond, and everyone is happy.

My own personal experience (my wife secret santa target was in Brazil) with amazon.de shipping to the Americas was very good.


Here you have the entry for a copy YINSH in English: https://www.amazon.de/Huch-Friends-879424-Yinsh-Strategiespi...

It displays the entry and everything in German, but just press in the language selector (is under the search bar for amazon, close to the right - would have DE by default), and select English, and you will see the same entry in English.

You add it to the cart, then choose Amazon Global Standard as delivery method - and you will get it for 38.17$ (*) delivered to your home by 9-12 March.

Not a bad deal - I do not understand why more people do not use amazon.de in USA

----

(*) This quote is with a faked Address in Boston. Maybe other parts of USA is slight more expensive.
The reason I haven't had been that a lot of games don't have sellers willing to ship to the US. Not a problem with this one I see though!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
msyterhe wrote:
People know that this game goes for 25~, and msrps for like 35 right? Are people actually buying this game for more than $40?

Supply and demand. It's not available via any of the standard online retailers. What's so strange about that?


because I can literally just wait a few months for it to reprint? It's not like I'll die or suffer from pain by not spending the money right now to play.

It's a different story if the game is no longer going to be printed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
msyterhe wrote:
curtc wrote:
msyterhe wrote:
People know that this game goes for 25~, and msrps for like 35 right? Are people actually buying this game for more than $40?

Supply and demand. It's not available via any of the standard online retailers. What's so strange about that?

because I can literally just wait a few months for it to reprint?

You do understand that some people are willing to pay money to avoid waiting, don't you?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
msyterhe wrote:
curtc wrote:
msyterhe wrote:
People know that this game goes for 25~, and msrps for like 35 right? Are people actually buying this game for more than $40?

Supply and demand. It's not available via any of the standard online retailers. What's so strange about that?

because I can literally just wait a few months for it to reprint?

You do understand that some people are willing to pay money to avoid waiting, don't you?


yes and I would call those people impatient. You seem like the type of person to pay 50$+ for Yinsh, so I have nothing else to say to convince you that it's a bad financial decision.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
msyterhe wrote:
yes and I would call those people impatient.

I would too.

msyterhe wrote:
You seem like the type of person to pay 50$+ for Yinsh, so I have nothing else to say to convince you that it's a bad financial decision.

Not me. I can't remember what I paid, but probably on the order of $25.

You just seemed surprised that resale market is sensitive to supply & demand.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people might also be willing to pay more for an older edition so that it would be in the same shaped box as their other games in the series and since the new edition's bigger box takes up twice as much space.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Some people might also be willing to pay more for an older edition so that it would be in the same shaped box as their other games in the series and since the new edition's bigger box takes up twice as much space.

Yeah. I got Lyngk and was like, what is this weird shaped box that doesn't match all the others in the series??? soblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought them all in the new edition and despite their size they look lovely on the shelf. You don’t really need too many games

M B
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hawthorne
United States
California
flag msg tools
Grooves.land has copies for $35. That includes shipping. Takes a month to arrive to the US.
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.