Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do riders that cross the line in the grand tour version of the game get removed from the board at the end of the turn or do they clog up that space that they finished on until every rider has passed the line? I am presuming the former as otherwise it can make it more difficult for slower riders to finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Remove them at the end of the turn.

This is what I do, and I believe Asger does based on a couple threads that I can't be bothered to hunt down right now.

After all cyclists have moved and at least one is across the line:
1. Adjust all cyclists for slipstream, including cyclists across the line, and between cyclists across and not across. So stopping just before the line but only having a 1-space gap between you and the finished cyclists will draft you across the line.

2. Apply exhaustion as applicable, again including cyclists across the line. So the cyclists that stopped on the end (5 spaces after the finish line) are guaranteed exhaustion. A cyclist that stopped just before the line with a finished cyclist immediately in front of him will not take exhaustion.

3. For all cyclists across the line, record in the app where they are and then remove them from the track.

4. Next turn, with the remaining cyclists that still haven't crossed.

Repeat steps 1-4 until all cyclists have finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dobby
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are removed at the end of the turn

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hidde Warendorff
Netherlands
Culemborg
flag msg tools
mb
Is this correct?

I don't slipsteam after finish line and don't award exhaustion cards. However it does make more sense to do so! Brilliant stuff.

Can anyone confirm this is the right way to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Michel lafouge
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, Hidde, you are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that 'slipstream after the finish line' is a new rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I forgot to add that I also apply any terrain restrictions on the final space to all cyclists past the finish line. E.g. no slipstreaming among finishers on a mountain finish. I also have often used a "no lane blocking in spaces past the finish line" house rule.

Here's I think the most recent thread where we discussed this, with some links/quotes to previous discussions.
Finish line and slipstreaming

Until Grand Tour rules are included in the box, I don't think there will be a "right" way. There's so many great ideas being discussed and playtested by Asger and the fans, I would just take it all in and decide how you personally want to play. However, I have not seen a physical or digital copy of the Stronghold rules or Peloton rules, just what I've gleaned from discussion. I think it would help if Asger at some point could upload to BGG an updated version of his Grand Tour rules (last uploaded 10/2016), including bot rules, that best reflects his current vision. I really appreciate how responsive Asger is to ideas from the community and open to incorporating the best ones from the fans and himself into further developing his game. It's a major factor why I've been so into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.