United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from Meeple Realty way back around Thanksgiving (US holiday at the end of November). Over a month has gone by now and my order hasn't shipped. At one point in time they created a shipping label through FedEx, but when I put in the tracking number it says it still hasn't been handed to FedEx. This shipping label was created well before Christmas (I believe on the 12th).

It seems ridiculous to me that a company could take this long to ship, honestly even around the holidays. What's more ridiculous is that my attempts to reach them have gone unanswered.

At this point in time I'm considering doing a charge back from my credit card, as I feel I've been ripped off.

I love Broken Token and have no problem with them, but they don't make inserts for all of the games I own that I feel really need them. So I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try one insert each from: Daedalus, Insert Here, and Meeple Realty.

Daedalus emailed before the holidays asking if inserts were gifts, and if they were we could reply to the mail to get the insert printing prioritized. I replied and, sure enough, the insert arrived in time for the holidays. Awesome!

Insert Here also has a large queue, and he does not keep inventory (smaller operations are made-to-order, which is understandable). I also got my item from them before the holidays (ordered the same day as the other two companies).

But Meeple Realty? Not a peep. Very, very, very frustrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Smith
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Is Meeple Realty legit?
I'v no idea why but I hope it helps to hear that I've used Meeple Realty more than once in the past to very good result. They're at least a good company (with a very good product) - and I had excellent communications from them in my dealings in the past.

I wish you good luck with yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These stories about their competitors make me appreciate the quality job Broken Token does even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Evans
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from Meeple Realty several times with no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know it isn’t common, but sometimes packages disappear between the time they are picked up by a carrier (or at least set aside for one to pickup), and when a carrier scans them in. It happened to me a few months ago with a major OLGS - it caused a frustrating delay, but was resolved with kindness and cooperation by the retailer.

You say they’ve been unresponsive when you try to contact them - that really sucks, I’m sorry. I found this on their website, so maybe it will help (if you haven’t done that already):

“You can email us at support@meeplerealty.com for customer support. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for a response from our support team. If your case is urgent, please type “Urgent” in your subject field and we will try to respond as quickly as we can.”

Good luck! I really hope you get your order soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that they recently had a new baby (it's a husband and wife company). This definitely seems out of the ordinary for them, so there may be a good reason for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Li
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'm not a fan of the company, but I do believe they are legit. It did take a while to get my emails answered though. How did you contact them, how long ago was it and did you follow up with additional emails?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
msg tools
Postin’ over here, boss.
badge
Post over there, Luke.
mb
I ordered the Xia box insert, and it took a while to ship, but they had warnings that said the holidays and an increase in orders would delay shipping. It took a little over a two weeks, but I got my order two weeks before Christmas, and I am very happy with the product. I was disappointed they shipped in a padded bag, though. A few of the sheets were crushed on one corner. Fortunately, none of the cut pieces were damaged; all the damage was taken by the edges of the sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Hong

Tulsa
Oklahoma
msg tools
TrainwreckX wrote:
I ordered from Meeple Realty way back around Thanksgiving (US holiday at the end of November). Over a month has gone by now and my order hasn't shipped. At one point in time they created a shipping label through FedEx, but when I put in the tracking number it says it still hasn't been handed to FedEx. This shipping label was created well before Christmas (I believe on the 12th).

It seems ridiculous to me that a company could take this long to ship, honestly even around the holidays. What's more ridiculous is that my attempts to reach them have gone unanswered.

At this point in time I'm considering doing a charge back from my credit card, as I feel I've been ripped off.

I love Broken Token and have no problem with them, but they don't make inserts for all of the games I own that I feel really need them. So I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try one insert each from: Daedalus, Insert Here, and Meeple Realty.

Daedalus emailed before the holidays asking if inserts were gifts, and if they were we could reply to the mail to get the insert printing prioritized. I replied and, sure enough, the insert arrived in time for the holidays. Awesome!

Insert Here also has a large queue, and he does not keep inventory (smaller operations are made-to-order, which is understandable). I also got my item from them before the holidays (ordered the same day as the other two companies).

Hi Justin,

I am from Meeple Realty and I apologize for the delay. We did experience shipment delays due to high demand during the holidays.

Your order indeed shipped on 12th but looks like Fedex might have lost the package because the tracking information has not been updated for quite some time now.

If we have not responded to your email, we have been backed up on support emails due to holidays. We will file a claim with Fedex to find out what happen with the package and in the mean time we will reship your order. We will also respond to your email as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought from Meeple Realty with no issues. Recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
T2_Twinz wrote:
TrainwreckX wrote:

Hi Justin,

I am from Meeple Realty and I apologize for the delay. We did experience shipment delays due to high demand during the holidays.

Your order indeed shipped on 12th but looks like Fedex might have lost the package because the tracking information has not been updated for quite some time now.

If we have not responded to your email, we have been backed up on support emails due to holidays. We will file a claim with Fedex to find out what happen with the package and in the mean time we will reship your order. We will also respond to your email as soon as possible.

Tommy,

Thanks for reaching out in this space. I understand that when a package gets lost by FedEx it certainly is not the fault of the retailer, and looking to ensure every package made it to its destination is overwhelming during the holiday season.

I suppose I could have re-sent my email as URGENT, but that seems a bit more entitled than I want to come off here. This wasn't a gift for the holidays. This one was for me. I'm certainly patient enough to wait. After all, I only contacted you recently for an order I made in November.

I'm looking forward to receiving this item, and if the quality is as anticipated I'll give you guys another shot in the future at a less-busy shipping time.

Cheers,
Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Royal
msg tools
mbmbmb
I also had a successful Meeple Realty transaction. Looks like they are on the case now. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Barasona
United States
Snoqualmie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear they are on the case! I’ve watched vids of the owners showing off their inserts on YouTube and they do seem passionate about what they do. Hope to hear an update on this when you get your insert, Justin! I’ve been eyeing their awesome Bora Bora insert for the longest time but new games keep getting in the way lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple Realty is very legit. They got slammed with orders over the holidays and they are a small-scale operation. In my experiences, they are great people and a great company with awesome product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see they are taking care of you. they are a great group of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Hong

Tulsa
Oklahoma
msg tools
TrainwreckX wrote:
T2_Twinz wrote:
TrainwreckX wrote:

Hi Justin,

Tommy,

Thanks for reaching out in this space. I understand that when a package gets lost by FedEx it certainly is not the fault of the retailer, and looking to ensure every package made it to its destination is overwhelming during the holiday season.

I suppose I could have re-sent my email as URGENT, but that seems a bit more entitled than I want to come off here. This wasn't a gift for the holidays. This one was for me. I'm certainly patient enough to wait. After all, I only contacted you recently for an order I made in November.

I'm looking forward to receiving this item, and if the quality is as anticipated I'll give you guys another shot in the future at a less-busy shipping time.

Cheers,
Justin

Hi Justin,

my wife is planning to contact you today through the email you sent us previously. there is no need to send a separate email.

Once again, I appologize for the mistake and lost communication. We will make it right for you and I will make sure your package go out ASAP with priority shipping.

Let me know if I can be any help,

Tommy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dooley
United States
South Lebanon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
These stories about their competitors make me appreciate the quality job Broken Token does even more.

To be fair, they also have about 10 employees
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
T2_Twinz wrote:
TrainwreckX wrote:
T2_Twinz wrote:
TrainwreckX wrote:

Hi Justin,

Tommy,

Cheers,
Justin

Hi Justin,

my wife is planning to contact you today through the email you sent us previously. there is no need to send a separate email. :)

Once again, I appologize for the mistake and lost communication. We will make it right for you and I will make sure your package go out ASAP with priority shipping.

Let me know if I can be any help,

Tommy

I got your wife's mail and the new shipping info. Thank you! I'd consider this issue resolved. Thanks again for your response on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KPDooley wrote:
motoyugota wrote:

To be fair, they also have about 10 employees

Because they understand business and know you need to have good customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
So everyone knows how this all turned out, I have already placed my second order with Meeple Realty for a Trickerion insert because their customer service was really cool to me in this case. That earns immediate repeat business from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Justin, I think the way this thread has resolved has been a great. Tommy Hong (Meeple Realty) responded here rather promptly and put the ball in motion on their part to make things right and your response becoming a repeat customer in return because of how you were treated by customer service is the way things should go in a customer/ company relationship. Kudos to Meeple Realty for quickly working to resolve the issue and hats off to you by returning as a customer for them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.