Subject: Friendly Transit/Friendly Staging SO Points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ewing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions as I read the rules.

1. I set my first game up and there are 2 battalions in the Staging area. Are you penalized at the very start of a Campaign if enemies are present in the Friendly Transit (-2 SO) or Friendly Staging (-6 SO) areas?

2. Similar to question 1,are these penalties assessed before each battle or before each week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the rulebook in front of me but if I remember correctly its at the end of each week when you adjust your SO points that you would lose those particular SO points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MJA1967 wrote:
I dont have the rulebook in front of me but if I remember correctly its at the end of each week when you adjust your SO points that you would lose those particular SO points.

#2 You are correct Mike, that rule about adjusting your SO Points can be found on page 21.

#1 You do not get penalized at the start of the campaign for the Enemy Battalions in those range bands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ewing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, much appreciated.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And I guess you know which two battalions to attack in the first week.

Unenviable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ewing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaha... Yep, I hit the ground running!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it odd that 4 of the 12 German Assault Battalions begin in the Friendly Staging area but no German battalions begin in the Friendly Transit. With some of the high point value objectives, you are very likely to get 1 or 2 in Friendly Staging. And you could get unlucky with your battalion draw and end up with 4 battalions in the Friendly Staging area. You'd basically have to destroy 2 of them and then suck up the 12 SO points lost (in addition to any battalions that might move from the Front to Friendly Transit).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
I've had a few draws where I could look ahead and realize that I am either going to lose this immediately or after the first week. I've done a little house ruled redraw, so I could enjoy the game rather than just lose immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.