Subject: games for kids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
micah page
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I m looking for a game for kids that i can play with most or all of my kids. Their ages are 10, 5, and 3.

And all of them have and can play Carcozonne....even my 3 year old. She doesnt have a long attentions span and wants to do seomthing else by the end of the game, but she can still play. My 5 year old within one game of carcozonne knows the rules. I was looking for more games like this that my 3 and 5 year old can play.

I did have catan, but its too complicated for the younger kids. A game like carcozonne. I was wondering if there is another game like this that my 3 and/or 5 year old can play as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've personally had success over a similar age range with:

Zooloretto
Survive: Escape from Atlantis!
The Downfall of Pompeii
Forbidden Desert
Lord of the Rings
The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac

They are games that we've all been able to sit down and play and enjoy.

On top of those they've also all enjoyed card games like Bohnanza and Port Royal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitchcar? Or the Mini edition?
Flick 'Em Up?
Rhino Hero?
Ticket To Ride: First Journey?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Camel Up?
Here is a review showing a family with very young children who are able to play it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5x3dzWZSA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
branden price
United States
Owensboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Santorini

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Becker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the HABA games are great for a range of kid ages, they have a few dexterity type games like Animal Upon Animal.

Gamewright may be another good option, we have a 6 and 2 year old. The 6 year old loves things from Gamewright like Sleeping Queens, Sushi Go!, and Forbidden Island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find co-ops to be a great choice for those ages, as you can gently coach the kids along.

Forbidden Island
Forbidden Desert

Both work great.

Another game I played with my children when they were that age is the classic "Dungeon" boardgame, along with Mystic Wood. The former has been reprinted several times and should be easy to find. The latter, not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Becker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want another tile laying game like Carcassonne, I'd recommend Indigo, Tsuro, or Metro. Indigo may be the more straight forward of the three (?). It'd easily be something you could all work together to help the younger kid(s) find the best place to put the tile.

There are also a lot of expansions for Carcassonne - we really like Carcassonne: Expansion 3 – The Princess & The Dragon. The dragon is a hit with the younger kids - you can always choose to ignore any rules or mechanisms you think may be too complicated for younger kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Panic is my favorite (play with Castle Panic: The Wizard's Tower for more of a gamer's challenge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Sequence may be straight forward and simple to play at those ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Becker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoffreyB wrote:
Sequence may be straight forward and simple to play at those ages.

There's a Sequence for Kids that doesn't require any reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Wayne
msg tools
mb
This dad of three girls ages 11, 7, and 6 recommends Castle Panic, Sleeping Queens, Dixit, Dead Man's Draw, Kingdomino, and King of Tokyo. My oldest enjoys many of the more strategic games in our collection and simple games as well. Lately she wants to play Dominion, Rack-O, and Five Crowns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deirdre Riley
msg tools
mbmb
I know these aren't economy building games, but I find 3 year olds are good at Set, Apples to Apples, Dweebies, and Headbandz, which are good for the older kids too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Reeves
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obvious choices: Settlers of Catan, Phase 10, Resistance, Coup, One Night Werewolf, Apples to Apples, The Great Dalumuti.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.