GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,486 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Cave Evil» Forums » Variants

Subject: Monks In Play + Double Spawn Rolls at Start rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daffy Duck
msg tools
Played a 4 person game tonight where we started with our Nercomonks in play. We also did two spawn rolls for each the pits.

It was really fun and got some action moving pretty quickly while also slowing down the blood eye.

The game lasted just as long as a regular by-the-book version but it felt like it moved faster and everyone developed quicker.

(I haven't read all the variants so sorry if this is a duplicate)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt West
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
How I desire the touch of Nothingness
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds pretty good!

The last time I played, we did the TurboNecro variant that's detailed in another thread here, and it definitely got us into some action earlier. But I found that starting a game with 6 full squads made each turn really long right out the gate, rather than having a slow build as you become accustomed to your minions.

I think I'm going to try out a new starting set-up next time I play that's like, 1/2 TurboNecro. V6-Necro maybe. But your small change seems like a quick and easy way to get a little boost, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daffy Duck
msg tools
TurboNecro sounds cool, i've read that thread before and would like to try it. that said, i do like the arc of the standard game and i would be worried about having 6 squads to manage right off the bat. i feel like i would play really recklessly.

to me, the only aspect of the standard game that drags is the monk and the sometimes weak spawn rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.