Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight!, Nikki, Lizzie, Kevin, and Lincoln play Dice Town, designed by Bruno Cathala & Ludovic Maublanc and published by Matagot.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent!!

also Linc, hope you give us a heads up here when you need to cull your shirt collection zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun game, great episode!

Just an FYI - You should always resolve all the spots on the board in order from left to right. Town Hall (best poker hand) shouldn't be the first thing resolved. It should be resolved after the Sheriff (kings) is resolved. This is important because whoever gets help from the ladies (queens) should not be able to steal a property card acquired in the same turn. The queens can steal General Store cards acquired on any turn or property cards acquired from previous turns as a result of resolving town actions in order.

Also, the Doc Badluck 9 or 10 action is to put barbed wire around up to two properties, not just one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Bruni
Italy
Teglio
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOOOOO...klahoma!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smith
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I loved this episode. You guys had a ton of fun. I laughed or was smiling the whole time.

I also appreciate all the rules nazis on the forums, but really, it's about enjoying each other's company. You guys definitely do that. It is a good reminder for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Love the episode. Went and bought the new edition on Cool Stuff. Kevin- it does not contain the extension featuring 6 players and outlaws etc. I am having a hard time finding that expansion anywhere right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
RareKarrde wrote:
I also appreciate all the rules nazis on the forums

Hey! I resemble that remark!

I hope it's understood that posting about rules mistakes isn't to shine a light on the players mistakes, but to kindly give them a heads up for the next time they play. Also, for viewers to understand the rules as intended, in case anyone cares. As far as I'm concerned, anyone can play any game by any rules they like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikefitz wrote:
Love the episode. Went and bought the new edition on Cool Stuff. Kevin- it does not contain the extension featuring 6 players and outlaws etc. I am having a hard time finding that expansion anywhere right now.

It’s for sale for $30 on amazon right now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:

Also, the Doc Badluck 9 or 10 action is to put barbed wire around up to two properties, not just one.

Hey thanks, I never noticed that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always found this game outstays its welcome. It's much too repetitive to take up the 60+ minutes it takes to play (and I've seen it take 90+ minutes with the expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Poe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Our family loves Dice Town!! Thanks for putting it on the video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Z.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
I've always found this game outstays its welcome. It's much too repetitive to take up the 60+ minutes it takes to play (and I've seen it take 90+ minutes with the expansion).

Then someone in your group need to go for more 9s. When playing with 4 or more people, we almost always end the game by running out of nuggets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryocho wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:

Then someone in your group need to go for more 9s. When playing with 4 or more people, we almost always end the game by running out of nuggets.

Well, to be honest, even if you shaved 15 minutes off this game, which your suggestion would do, I still find this game monotonous. If I am going to play a game where you throw dice to collect stuff game, I would rather play Las Vegas or Alea Iacta Est.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Always nice to see some older games on GameNight!

But Kevin you gotta read the rules before explaining them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.