Subject: Diplomacy and Warfare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Mantis
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I have 2 questions regarding the diplomacy strategy card.

1. Let's say Player A uses the diplomacy card on his home system. After every player places a command token in Player A's home system, can Player B use the warfare card to remove his command token from A's home system? Personally I don't think so, but the card states that B can remove any token from the board.

2. The other scenario involves the promissory notes. Player C gives his 'award a victory point' promissory note to Player D. The promissory note says that D will lose the note and the victory point if he activates a system with C's ships in it. If C uses the diplomacy card on his system that has his ships, does D lose the note and victory point after placing his command token there?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Stroom
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Yes. You can use Warfare to essentially cancel the effect of Diplomacy.

2. No. Using the effect of Diplomacy does not cause an activation effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adapolski wrote:
I have 2 questions regarding the diplomacy strategy card.

1. Let's say Player A uses the diplomacy card on his home system. After every player places a command token in Player A's home system, can Player B use the warfare card to remove his command token from A's home system? Personally I don't think so, but the card states that B can remove any token from the board.

2. The other scenario involves the promissory notes. Player C gives his 'award a victory point' promissory note to Player D. The promissory note says that D will lose the note and the victory point if he activates a system with C's ships in it. If C uses the diplomacy card on his system that has his ships, does D lose the note and victory point after placing his command token there?

Thank you!

1. Yes, he can. After the token is placed and the action is over, the game has no "memory" of how the token was placed.

2. No, he doesn't. "Activate" refers specifically to the first step of the tactical action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.