Hide
4 Posts

Puerto Rico» Forums » Variants

Subject: Blacksmith role rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Airmax
msg tools
What do you think about a blacksmith role for a sixth player game?

The player who chooses this role initiates no action, but receives as his privilege 1 point.

If nobody takes this card, place one more point (instead doubloon) above the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bracey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I've wondered a few times about a 6 player version but have never had a chance to test it. The best thought I have had is to have a role that moves the first player for the round (rather than it rotating).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two thoughts.

1: I would accrue doubloons still and not points. Blacksmith will quickly become too powerful (and especially swing-y in a high player count game); and bear in mind that doubloons normally accrue on cards so that many players can get access to money, especially since the Trading House can become a madhouse.

2: In my only attempts at a 6p game, I found that the plantation tiles actually ran out. You should think about what to do about this and what its consequences are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Two thoughts.

1: I would accrue doubloons still and not points. Blacksmith will quickly become too powerful (and especially swing-y in a high player count game); and bear in mind that doubloons normally accrue on cards so that many players can get access to money, especially since the Trading House can become a madhouse.

2: In my only attempts at a 6p game, I found that the plantation tiles actually ran out. You should think about what to do about this and what its consequences are.

Ditto above, plus:
1. you will need more Colonists or a mechanism to move colonists to the bank?
2. More point tokens or trade in points for $?

Maybe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.