Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Scythe: The Rise of Fenris» Forums » General

Subject: Box Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m wondering if the box will be a regular sized game box. Anybody have any clue?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you take the last 2 expansion boxes - Invaders from Afar & Wind Gambit - and put them side-by-side, that will be the size of the expansion box for Scythe: The Rise of Fenris.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
Turn the right corner in Sin City...
badge
...and you can find anything.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as it fits into the Legendary box I'm ok with it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It will fit! Jamey mentioned this already quite often :-)

I just ordered my LB this week...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty Craine
United States
Linden
Michigan
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/themillshow
badge
Me
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the size of IFA and TWG together as well. In any case, Scythe and all expansions will fit in The Legendary Box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, the boxes of the expansions aren't meant to fit inside the Legendary Box, just the content of those expansions.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal Hegarty
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Just to clarify, the boxes of the expansions aren't meant to fit inside the Legendary Box, just the content of those expansions.


that was something I missed when I bought the legendary box. Im a little disapointed because it would have been a really cool slotting together of everything. I just don't want to discard the beautiful boxes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Domhnall101 wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:
Just to clarify, the boxes of the expansions aren't meant to fit inside the Legendary Box, just the content of those expansions.


that was something I missed when I bought the legendary box. Im a little disapointed because it would have been a really cool slotting together of everything. I just don't want to discard the beautiful boxes.


But you're discarding the original Scythe box in favor of the legendary box, no?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I know if I buy the legendary box, I will not be able to bring myself to throw away the other boxes - they're just so darn beautiful.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
I know if I buy the legendary box, I will not be able to bring myself to throw away the other boxes - there just so darn beautiful.


Put the two empty expansion boxes inside the empty original box and tuck that under the bed.

Or keep on the shelf.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasixty wrote:
Put the two empty expansion boxes inside the empty original box and tuck that under the bed.

Or keep on the shelf.


That is exactly what I did! I have the old box on display!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Larson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
If you take the last 2 expansion boxes - Invaders from Afar & Wind Gambit - and put them side-by-side, that will be the size of the expansion box for Scythe: The Rise of Fenris.

This is disappointing to me. The fact that there is enough content to fill a larger box is cool, but Invaders from Afar and Wind Gambit are each approximately 1/3 the size of the normal Scythe Box. As soon as I heard there was going to be a third expansion, I was very excited to be able to store my three expansions on top of the main box, on its same footprint.
Again, the response to this complaint will be, "you're whining that there is too many components?" I guess that's the upside. I just thought that it was going to make sense to have three identically sized expansions, each 1/3 the size of the main box. Oh well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin Larson wrote:
dboyee wrote:
If you take the last 2 expansion boxes - Invaders from Afar & Wind Gambit - and put them side-by-side, that will be the size of the expansion box for Scythe: The Rise of Fenris.

This is disappointing to me. The fact that there is enough content to fill a larger box is cool, but Invaders from Afar and Wind Gambit are each approximately 1/3 the size of the normal Scythe Box. As soon as I heard there was going to be a third expansion, I was very excited to be able to store my three expansions on top of the main box, on its same footprint.
Again, the response to this complaint will be, "you're whining that there is too many components?" I guess that's the upside. I just thought that it was going to make sense to have three identically sized expansions, each 1/3 the size of the main box. Oh well.
All the expansions and base game will not fit in the original box, however, you can buy the Legendary Box by Stonemaier games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin Larson wrote:
[q="dboyee"]I just thought that it was going to make sense to have three identically sized expansions, each 1/3 the size of the main box. Oh well.
Even if the each expansion was 1/3 the size of the main box, all the components still would not fit in the main box. I have the first 2 expansions in the main box and the box is full to the brim. There is no more room for anything additional.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
Austin Larson wrote:
[q="dboyee"]I just thought that it was going to make sense to have three identically sized expansions, each 1/3 the size of the main box. Oh well.
Even if the each expansion was 1/3 the size of the main box, all the components still would not fit in the main box. I have the first 2 expansions in the main box and the box is full to the brim. There is no more room for anything additional.


I think what he meant was that if all 3 expansions had the same size of box, then on his shelf he could store the base box and neatly stack the 3 expansions on top. Fenris is going to mess with that a little. Personally, I have Invaders rolled into the base box just fine, so it should be fine for me, but I can see that disappointment. Hopefully the content will be sufficient to offset any disappointment from storage difficulties!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
MASK Crusaders... working overtime... fighting crime... fighting crime!!! Secret Raiders...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCrazyPiper wrote:
dboyee wrote:
Austin Larson wrote:
[q="dboyee"]I just thought that it was going to make sense to have three identically sized expansions, each 1/3 the size of the main box. Oh well.
Even if the each expansion was 1/3 the size of the main box, all the components still would not fit in the main box. I have the first 2 expansions in the main box and the box is full to the brim. There is no more room for anything additional.


I think what he meant was that if all 3 expansions had the same size of box, then on his shelf he could store the base box and neatly stack the 3 expansions on top. Fenris is going to mess with that a little. Personally, I have Invaders rolled into the base box just fine, so it should be fine for me, but I can see that disappointment. Hopefully the content will be sufficient to offset any disappointment from storage difficulties!
Oh... I totally misread that! However, the legendary box will solve that problem too!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.