Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
Can I use the Seaworthy skill with the Nordic faction to pass from a space that has a river as a border to a space with a lake? in this special case, the Nordic faction ignores the river or do I have to unlock the Riverwalk ability first? It is worth mentioning, that rulebook on page 11 in the definition of rivers, clearly states that a river is a body of water on the border between 2 land territories...so I guess that a land space with a river border next to a lake can be passed through if the seaworthy ability is unlocked...Thanks in advance for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nordic Swim ability only effects workers.

The Nordic Seaworthy ability effects Characters and Mechs. If it unlocked, then your mechs can move to and from lakes. You do not also need riverwalk to use this ability. Similarly for the Polania Submerge ability.

Rivers are only between 2 adjacent land hexes, and you will need riverwalk for your mechs/character to cross over them, assuming you are crossing over into a mountain/forest hex (for Nordic).

The river borders on lakes aren't really rivers from a gameplay perspective, due to their definition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel See
msg tools
mb
varagghoul wrote:
Hi guys,
Can I use the Seaworthy skill with the Nordic faction to pass from a space that has a river as a border to a space with a lake? in this special case, the Nordic faction ignores the river or do I have to unlock the Riverwalk ability first? It is worth mentioning, that rulebook on page 11 in the definition of rivers, clearly states that a river is a body of water on the border between 2 land territories...so I guess that a land space with a river border next to a lake can be passed through if the seaworthy ability is unlocked...Thanks in advance for your answers

There are no rivers between a land and a lake, so no, you do not have to have both riverwalk and seaworthy to cross into a lake--only seaworthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.