10 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playdeck app: USA and wargame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ray donovan
msg tools
mb
I just lost a game as USA by playing wargame for event at score +6(0 after event), Did they changed the rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they changed it to add "If this takes VPs to zero, you lose":

Quote:
If DEFCON Status 2, you may immediately end the game (without Final Scoring Phase) after giving opponent 6 VPs. If this takes VPs to zero, you lose.

Unfortunately, they neglected to mention this anywhere in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
News to me. I thought US wins ties.

EDIT: ninja'd. That it explains it. Good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
elcoderdude wrote:
News to me. I thought US wins ties.

The actual result should be a draw, but Playdek didn't want that to be a possibility. They did change it to "If this takes VPs to zero, the US wins" for a while, but patched it to the current version quite a long time ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.ā€ ā€” Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought ties were ties, but Iā€™m too literal, I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh really? I thought that ties went to the USA. Good to know although I never exploited the old version win scenario anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
Oh really? I thought that ties went to the USA. Good to know although I never exploited the old version win scenario anyway.

Another rule change specific to the Playdek app is that zero VP in Final Scoring is a US win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there a list of all Playdek rule changes somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
Is there a list of all Playdek rule changes somewhere?

Just the two I already mentioned.

For bugs, I'm maintaining a list here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817482...

If you interpret the bugs as rule changes (since they haven't been patched even after years), there are also the following "rule changes":

Iron Lady allows USSR to avoid the normal influence adjacency rules.

UN Intervention in the headline (for an OP) is possible when Grain Sales is headlined and draws UN Intervention.

Aldrich Ames Remix doesn't expose the US hand during the whole remainder of the turn.

UN Intervention after U2 Incident can be used to achieve a -20 VP victory without a valid card to play with UN Intervention.

Vietnam Revolts + Red Purge with a 1 OP card in Southeast Asia gives 2 OPs instead of 1.

All realignment rolls must be used, even if you run out of useful target countries.

SALT forces card draw even if you don't want the only card(s) available

Latin America Debt Crisis is removed from the game instead of going to the discard pile when played for the event.

For Cuban Missile Crisis, you cannot add influence to a country and then remove 2 to cancel CMC in the same AR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck
France
flag msg tools
US officialy wins "ties" in the case where both players keep a scoring card in hands at the end of turn.

This is not that weird in a case where US controls Europe and USRR is close to win by points. If both players know that Ussr has Europe scoring and US player has a scoring that would give Ussr victory both players may be tempted not to play their scoring cards. As USSR play should have been the first one to play the scoring card, victory should go to the US player.

However, this is not the given explanation. Authors just said as US creators, they give victory to the US player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.