Camel Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another Desert tile question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom lindop
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
we play that desert tiles can be placed on any empty square and thus you can get adjacent tiles - then we by rule say that only the first tile is activated and that works fine most of the time, except now you can get camels left on a tile because they've been moved there from another tile. Anyone got any thoughts on what you do with any new camels that move to a tile square that already has camels on it? e.g. with camels moving from left to right (Green is on top of Blue)

Green
White Red Blue +1 -1

if Blue rolls 2 it goes to the -1 and then back to the +1 square and the -1 owner gets 1 coin.
if Red now rolls 3 it moves to the -1 square and then back to the +1 square and by normal movement rules under Blue and the -1 owner gets 1 coin
What happens to White if it rolls a 3? It lands on top of the pile of camels but now what? There appear to be a few options

1) you could just do the +1 move and payout ignoring the other camels
2) you could just land on top - effectively saying that the camel doesn't land on the tile it lands on top of the camel stack
3) it could land on the camel stack, not move, but still do the payout to the +1 owner
4) it could land on top and then the entire stack do the movement.
5) some other option

we played (2) but I think (3) sounds best to me. Anyone got any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dusty answer
TigerTom wrote:
Anyone got any thoughts?
Yes, I think you've found out why the desert tiles aren't supposed to be placed next to each other.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where's The Board?
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer posted here saying the original rule was you could place a desert tile next to another one. I think he said when another camel is moved onto your tile via another desert tile it's removed from the board and returned to the owner. Then it's up to you whether you have the rule to pay them a coin or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Bogen
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds quite perfect:
remove the desert tile and pay one coin to the owner!
Steffen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.