Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Johannesson
Sweden
Malmoe
Skane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are playing our first game and have a question about the BR/FR LCUs.

If we understand correctly the French I and II corps enter Lemnos when Bulgaria enter the war. But how do the rest of the BR/FR LCUs enter the war? We find the rules on the Player Aid for the british forces a bit unclear.

And another question for those of you who have played the game a bit more, is there any point at all to attack the germans? The seem pretty invincible and with a lot of RPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BR & FR SCUs are used for disassembling LCUs and for replacing destroyed LCUs as described in the Rules. GE LCUs can take losses too, even though they’re tougher to take down. You may have no choice but to fight them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gagnon
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick fact check, can be answered in good old-fashioned SPI True/False style (and doesn't require an SSAE - Stamped Self-addressed Envelope!)

Based on a careful reading of the rules:

OTHER than card 51,

Rebuilding them from the Replaceable Units Box (whether they wound up there via disassembly or elimination doesn't matter) is the ONLY way to introduce BR or FR LCUs to the Italian portion of the map - True or False?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel, emulating SPI's model is risky; they borrowed from TSR only to have those D&D pirates foreclose their business.

That being said, BR and FR LCUs may enter the the Italian Front mapboard by:

1. Placing rebuilt LCUs from the Replaceable Units Box on friendly-controlled Southern Italy after Italy enters the war (16.6e).

2. Using SR to send BR and FR SCUs from a friendly Port to Venice or Southern Italy (13.3), and then assembling LCUs there (22.1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gagnon
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Perry! I hadn't thought of case 2, but perfectly logical (if a little expensive in terms of cards).

I still have a few yellowed Yes/No True/False answers from both SPI and Avalon Hill from the 70's ... Being in Canada and also about 13 years old at the time, I used to ask relatives going to the States to buy me US stamps to stick on the SSAEs! This is MUCH easier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.