Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’ve been playing solo three times and love it so far! This game has easily climbed to the top of my fav solo game with each session being incredibly unique in progression.

I have my first 4 player game tomorrow so I wanted to clear up a few things. Mainly about doing a rest actions since I might have been a bit sloopy about the player order of actions while controlling two characters myself. Also two questions about void travel.

Since English is not my first language this might be obvious to others but I keep reading the rulebook text and I’m not really sure about the following:

Player with highest morale (Player 1/party leader) says; "Let’s be in a bold stance and take a rest this turn." (I know you can rest in cautious stance but bold includes more rest actions for this example).

What is the correct way of doing rest actions?

A) Every player goes through each separate action in player order before moving onto the next available rest action:
-Player 1 does a Recover action, then Player 2 does a recover action, then player 3, then player 4.
-The player with the highest perception decides to do a Explore, (SIDE NOTE: party is in a town, explore = 1 additional card revealed when trading/ party is in a path, explore = force march is now available / party on a road, explore = no benefit in exploring a road?).
-Player 1 does a improve action, then player 2 does a improve an so on.
-Players decide not to invest in a town/settlement.
-Since the players are in a town they decide to do a trade action starting with player 1 who sells stuff and buys stuff, then player 2 sells stuff and is able to choose from the remaining available items to buy, player 3…… etc.

B) Each player goes through every available rest action before the next player does the same:
-Player 1 does a recover action, then decides to leave explore alone since his PER is not the highest in the party, then does a improve action and so on.
-Player 2 does a recover action, then decides to leave explore alone since his PER is not the highest in the party, then does a improve action if he chooses and so on.
-Player 3 does a recover action, then decides to explore since his PER is the highest in the party, then does a improve action if he chooses and so on.

One other thing about rest actions, when doing a Trade action in a town and drawing an enemy from the Loot deck, is it correct that the whole party joins the fight? Is the fight resolved before buying revealed items/selling owned items?

----------------

Void Travel:

-Does the party automatically get void shock every time the party enters the maze since the party moved from a location through a voidgate to the maze and then drew a danger card right?
-“When you explore in the Maze, do not place an Explored counter”. Why does one want to explore in the Maze? To fulfill a mission objective?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good set of questions, subscribed, also waiting to see answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
N0mE wrote:
Good set of questions, subscribed, also waiting to see answers.

Heh, I started to answer, but upon taking a closer look at the rules, realized I might be doing it wrong. (I've been playing using B, but I suppose the correct answer could be A.) So, Þráinn, your command of English is as good as mine!

Regarding the void travel stuff:

thrainn wrote:
-Does the party automatically get void shock every time the party enters the maze since the party moved from a location through a voidgate to the maze and then drew a danger card right?

Yes, that's the way I read the last sentence under "The Maze" on p. 30.

thrainn wrote:
-“When you explore in the Maze, do not place an Explored counter”. Why does one want to explore in the Maze? To fulfill a mission objective?

I haven't even been to the Maze in my games yet, but yeah, probably to reveal a clue token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
When you rest, first everyone does a recover action. Technically this happens in MRL order but you can get away with having everyone roll at the same time to speed things up once they know how it works.

Following the recover action, the members of the party take turns in MRL orde picking one of the other actions (or declining to take an action). These don't have to be done in any particular order, so for example:
PLAYER A uses Mend Wounds to heal the party
PLAYER B Explores
PLAYER C trades, drawing a monster - resolve the fight now (against the entire party). after winning the fight, player C can buy & sell things.
PLAYER D reads the Morbadicon
PLAYER A trades, buying some of the cards left from player C's trade action
PLAYER B Passes
PLAYER C Improves
etc.

thrainn wrote:

Void Travel:

yes
thrainn wrote:

Yes, for example you can explore in the Maze to find Void Powder during the Make a Scratch mission (Void Powder being one of the objectives)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What's the reason why only one member of the party can do an Explore action? While looking for Void Powder or the Soothsayer's head wouldn't more members searching make sense to prevent camping on site for a longer duration?
Unless that member is leading the search party? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathJester23 wrote:
What's the reason why only one member of the party can do an Explore action? While looking for Void Powder or the Soothsayer's head wouldn't more members searching make sense to prevent camping on site for a longer duration?
Unless that member is leading the search party? Just curious.
I believe the example above is just to show that after everyone does a rest then each character is activated one at a time doing whatever they want until everyone has passed. So they can all do an explore or trade. Or what ever...just activate them one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
EL CERRITO
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yeah imagine the character using the action is leading the search party and that it’s a ‘party roll’ for whoever has the best chance(although in some cases you may want to have someone else do it)

Having four players make a test is almost an assured success so at that point it may as well be automatic. This way there is a chance for failure (or at least a delay & wasted time). That being said, if you want to speed the game up it doesn’t really break much to let everyone roll if that’s the way you prefer. I won’t tell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for the answers Eric! I think we all appreciate having both game designers active in the forums.

I also would like to add that this game is just pure awesomeness. It is oozing with theme and the game mechanics are fantastic. You guys have got yourself a success right there! I was an (almost)all-in backer on the Kickstarter campaign and will definitely get any forthcoming materials like future world books and miniatures to my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've ever seen two game designers more active.

You guys are awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.