5 Posts

Comanchería: The Rise and Fall of the Comanche Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Palo Duro Canyon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
There are War Columns in play. I made an action Planning and in Step 7 decide to conceal my Rancheria in Palo Duro Canyon. The Rancheria has 3 Bands. So now, in Palo Duro there are 1 Rancheria and 3 Bands (Fresh after step 6). I have no chance to save all 3 Bands before the Cleanup Phase? And how many Bands I'll save, if the answer is no?
P.S.= if no, I have to restart the game, because I made the transfer thinking that War Columns could be reduced in this way turn after turn....but forgot stacking rules about Palo Duro!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look the Stacking rules and the very final sentence:

"In spaces where Band and Ranchería counters coexist, such
Bands are absorbed by the Ranchería. See 3.4, step 1."

So during Step 1 of the Cleanup your three Bands are absorbed by the Rancheria. You now only have one Rancheria in the space and you are not violating any stacking limitations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
And so, the strategy to conceal in Palo Duro until War Colums disappears and war ends could be a valid one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dodds
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have any other units on the board then that would be a valid strategy.

But remember that Northern War Columns can see your units in the Canyon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor thorongil
msg tools
If a Band lefts the Palo Duro Cannyon, the war column will go after the band, if it remains finished outside out of Palo Duro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.