6 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Statistics? No spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
NoName NoLastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any statistics for distance in steps between each pair of locations of the main board or equivalent (preferably in excel so it can be adapted as play progresses)? I feel that would be useful in planning strategy, but it'd be unnecessary to create if it already exists

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Schofield
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I think it would probably take more time to look through the type of file you're talking about rather than counting the steps on the board, but I might be getting this wrong.. (and no, unfortunately I haven't heard of a file like this).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
One thing I do know off the top of my head is that no city is ever more than eight steps away.

Another is that everything is within four moves of either Atlanta or Karachi, which makes it a fine location for a second research station in normal Pandemic.

Depending on how your programming is, you may find that an undirected graph package is a better match for whatever analysis you have in mind than a spreadsheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Another is that everything is within four moves of either Atlanta or Karachi, which makes it a fine location for a second research station in normal Pandemic.

Are you basing this on normal Pandemic, because the board is slightly different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I was talking about Pandemic Legacy specifically, though I don't think it actually makes a difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone posted way back when about being able to get everything within 2 moves of a structure with 6 structures or fewer (I forget the exact number).

Unlike regular Pandemic where you usually don't want to invest more than one or, at most, two cards into building, the Legacy rules make building an infrastructure early an attractive investment - using two games' upgrades will leave you with 5 permanent structures on the board, making it much easier to get around. Of course, the disease upgrades are also attractive - no longer relying on research stations to develop cures for 3 of the diseases, and being able to cure them without requiring an action, requires 3 games' upgrades, but gives a lot more flexibility (it does require you to eradicate each of the three diseases at least once though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.