Dávid Lukács
Hungary
Debrecen
flag msg tools
So it begins...

It was the late 2016, when I decided to invest my creativity and create a game with bigger purpose. The first idea was a game application, with tons of exploration and fantasy lore. It was nice and sweet but I don't have the proper technical background, so I had to give up. shake

After that,I figured out, the whole Abarduin idea is also good for a board game, and now it's the time to share my work with the community.

GAME PROLOGUE

One world. Four empire. Free move gameplay. Unit and region control. Command cards and more...

Rule wisely your chosen empire with refreshing action points. Conquer ancient relics to get bonuses.
Build campsites, train soldiers and grow your impact on the battlefield, because they are the strong arm of your will.
Look over smuggler houses, trade with shady dealers and other players for hidden loots (or worthless trash).
Gather powerful Archive Cards and overwhelm your opponents, but face the consequences and the drawbacks.

Your main goal is to conquer the world of Abarduin and oppress the other empires. Build and acquire different buildings, while your units prevent the others in their progress.

Quick Rule Teaser:

Points and Territory actions:

10 action points in each turn.(Campsite build: 5P. Unit training: 1P. One unit move: 1P/Hexagon. Relic site and Smuggler House occupy: 3P.)

One Campsite can support 5 unit. The freshly trained units can move only the next turn.

To hold a Relic or a Smuggler House, at least 1 unit needed to stay at the Building Point.
The Relic health bonus available for only the nearby units. (black border lines separates the relic territory.)

Battles:

Unit attributes: Health and Attack Power (both can be upgrade by Relics and Smuggler Loots.)

Units can attack, only the adjacent hexagon fields.

Command Cards; Offensive and Defensive types.
Only an Offensive Command Card can open a battle. The attacked player free to play Offensive or Defensive Card.

Archive Cards: Rule and Aura types.
Rule Archives like Command Cards with more damage.
Aura Archives are passives with different bonuses. (unit health or damage, plus action points, extra trainings, etc.)

Archive Insanity: The drawback after a player use an Archive. Rule Archive: -1 action point
Aura Archive: -3 action point

Insanity counter will be at the side part of the world map, for each empire.

Purify: Solution for the Archive Insanity. Extinguish all action point negatives, if the players Warlord (one, dedicated unit) remain in a Relic Point for a turn without doing any offensive movements with any units.

The proper rule book pdf. is under construction. It will be shared, when all the rules and details are fixed and finalized.

PLANNED BOX/GAME COMPONENTS

1 x Abarduin World Map
4 x Player Mats (different for each empire)
4 x Private Smuggler Warehouse
? x Command Cards
? x Archive Cards
? x Smuggler Goods (over 5 types)

4 x Warlord Pawn
36 x 4 Unit Avatars (4 different colors for each empire)
4 x D8

DESIGN PREVIEW

(First and outdated box cover idea)

(Abarduin World Map. Drawback side counter and names are coming.)

(Interactive Map Points; Empire Siege, Campsite, Relic and Smuggler House)

(Smuggler Warehouse with foldable side parts.)

(Command Card Design Ideas with Random details)

More updates and details coming in the future. Replies and impressions are highly welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dávid Lukács
Hungary
Debrecen
flag msg tools
Abarduin Game Map details. Empire centers, relics, anomalies and other landscapes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dávid Lukács
Hungary
Debrecen
flag msg tools
Updated box mock-up. trade First impression?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Hoddinott
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks impressive. Some idea of gameplay? Video always goes down well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.