5 Posts

Lobotomy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
frank verbeek
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Maybe somebody can help me with some Lobotomy rules questions.
I played the game Saturday with some buddy’s but we had some situations I couldn’t find a real answer for in the rulebook.
- How do double doors work?
- Can you use a chaos die with a memory (like the summoned daemon of Peter)?
- If a weapon attacks twice will 1 insanity for adding a chaos die be enough for both attacks?
- How do mini-bosses working next to scenarios like the nemesis (I could not find a specific scenario? The rulebook is not spending that much on mini-bosses and explaining how to integrate with the scenarios. As most scenarios already have a specific action with the colored stars.
-How does the faceless work? He has no action points so that means he cannot move?
-Do you discard a memory card when it is used or can it still be used to trade them for a basic skill card? Do you discard a bad memories card or can you also trade 2 of these for a basic skill card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faceless can move sometimes with Movement cards that give +1AP to monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Savage
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can hopefully answer a few of these, not sure on some others.

Quote:

We normally just put a single door token on them and treat them like a single door. I'm fairly sure it's just an art thing and double doors on the map are just there for looks, but operate like a normal door. There's certainly nothing in the manual that treats them differently.

Quote:
- If a weapon attacks twice will 1 insanity for adding a chaos die be enough for both attacks?

No - the rulebook states:
"Use 1 Insanity during your turn to add the Chaos Die to your next Attack Roll."
Each weapon attack is a seperate roll, so you must use a second insanity to add the dice to the second roll.

Quote:
-How does the faceless work? He has no action points so that means he cannot move?

As stated already, sometimes a card comes up that gives monsters +1 movement, so he can move then.
Also - he has a range 3 attack, so he can be fairly annoying if he spawns in the wrong place....

Quote:
-Do you discard a memory card when it is used or can it still be used to trade them for a basic skill card? Do you discard a bad memories card or can you also trade 2 of these for a basic skill card?

There are some memory cards that you will discard when you use them. They will state this specifically on the card.
Normally, you keep memory cards (even bad ones) until such a time that you want to trade them in for a basic skill card. If you have not used discardable memories, you can also trade these in for a basic skill card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank verbeek
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thank you for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank verbeek
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Rodge wrote:
I can hopefully answer a few of these, not sure on some others.

Quote:

We normally just put a single door token on them and treat them like a single door. I'm fairly sure it's just an art thing and double doors on the map are just there for looks, but operate like a normal door. There's certainly nothing in the manual that treats them differently.

I was already thinking about using 1 door token for next time. As you stated there is nothing in the rulebook about that. As we played it one was open and the other barricaded so that is why this question popped up.

Quote:

No - the rulebook states:
"Use 1 Insanity during your turn to add the Chaos Die to your next Attack Roll."
Each weapon attack is a seperate roll, so you must use a second insanity to add the dice to the second roll.

Must have overlooked this piece of text, or just glanced it.

Quote:

As stated already, sometimes a card comes up that gives monsters +1 movement, so he can move then.
Also - he has a range 3 attack, so he can be fairly annoying if he spawns in the wrong place....

The faceless can be annoying if spawned in the wrong spot but due to his static position not to bad if he spawned on the other side of the board.

Quote:

There are some memory cards that you will discard when you use them. They will state this specifically on the card.
Normally, you keep memory cards (even bad ones) until such a time that you want to trade them in for a basic skill card. If you have not used discardable memories, you can also trade these in for a basic skill card.

Got it with the memory cards. You keep them unless mentioned otherwise.

Thanks your the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.