Subject: Talents - are there enough of those? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many characters gain one or two talents over the course of their career.

However, there is only a handful of those in the game.

Can you choose the same talent multiple times? Or what do you do, when your party has a total of 10 or so talents later on?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, there are 10 Legendary Talents (soulrank VII) included in Vastaryous'Lair expansion cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
In act 1 the maximum soulrank you can acieve is four, so no character needs 2 generic talents until act 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
Don't worry, there are 10 Legendary Talents (soulrank VII) included in Vastaryous'Lair expansion cool

Ah, that certainly helps.

And, yes, I was aware that this is an issue that will only be relevant later, just thought I would ask, since I was wondering about it now.

Thank you!

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Morthai wrote:
In act 1 the maximum soulrank you can acieve is four, so no character needs 2 generic talents until act 2.

Not true, I believe you can get to rank 5.

For start, you have an item that can give you a 50-50 to go up or down a level.

Also, are you sure that group that manages to let the chaos dreadlord (+1 xp when you make a kill) to kill all the monsters won't make it to a higher level? At least for one character?

I haven't tried to do it, but think maybe it's possible?

I mean you would need 36 XP to reach levle 5.
I'm pretty sure there are at least 36 monsters througout the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
msg tools
True you will end up with a bunch of soul points. However, Act I rules specifically state the max soul rank is 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Isn't that more like 4 + 9 + 16 + 25 = 54 ?

Bye
Thanee

P.S. And, yeah, there's a hard cap for Soul Rank IV in the scenario book for Act I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Strategic Variant wrote:
True you will end up with a bunch of soul points. However, Act I rules specifically state the max soul rank is 4

OH... I missed that entirely...

Thanee wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

Isn't that more like 4 + 9 + 16 + 25 = 54 ?

Bye
Thanee

P.S. And, yeah, there's a hard cap for Soul Rank IV in the scenario book for Act I.

No, I meant the amount of points you need to go from level 4 to level 5 is next level squared - 6^2 = 36

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:

Hope there won't only be Soulrank VII talents available. We indeed need more talents ranging from Soulrank 2 - 5 so there'll still be choices to be made. Otherwise we'll end up taking all remaining talents (or almost).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Martinez
United States
California
flag msg tools
GrandMasterFox wrote:
No, I meant the amount of points you need to go from level 4 to level 5 is next level squared - 6^2 = 36

You might want to check your math there. Going from level 4 to level 5 would take 25 Soul Points. 5^2 = 25, not 36.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Rios Graven wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:

You might want to check your math there. Going from level 4 to level 5 would take 25 Soul Points. 5^2 = 25, not 36.

Yeah... I thought of 5 to 6 for some reason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Simone Romano wrote:

Hope there won't only be Soulrank VII talents available. We indeed need more talents ranging from Soulrank 2 - 5 so there'll still be choices to be made. Otherwise we'll end up taking all remaining talents (or almost).

I'm talking about Talents, so the ones recognised with the "*"... I think you are talking about standard powers for Core set heroes, high rank-powers that are included in both darkness falls and vastaryous'lair expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
Simone Romano wrote:

I'm talking about Talents, so the ones recognised with the "*"... I think you are talking about standard powers for Core set heroes, high rank-powers that are included in both darkness falls and vastaryous'lair expansions

None of the 5 characters included in the retail set get a second talent until Sounlrank VII. If that is also the case with all other characters, then the 6 talents included is sufficient (if a little limiting for the last char or 2 to get a talent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather limiting, indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cha Meleon
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have the Kickstarter version which includes 14 heroes. Since there are only 7 Talent cards, and that's not enough Talent cards to spread out among all the available heroes. I know you can't play all 14 heroes at once, but you'll end up having to move the Talents around as you play with each group of heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.