Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeting at the Whitby Sports and Social Club from 6.30pm to 11pm to play euros and lighter games. All are welcome to join us. We have a guild page.

There is no charge to attend but attendees are encouraged to buy drinks/food from the bar.

The club is a few minutes away from Cheshire Oaks. It is on the corner of Chester Road and Dunkirk Lane in Whitby. Post Code CH65 6QF. We meet in the President's Bar which is accessed via the main lounge through the door to the right of the bar.

Please get in touch if you want any further information or to give the heads up that you are planning to join us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oakes
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with this John. It might be worth posting a link on The Liverpool Lion Boardgamers BGG page as there are plenty of Wirral residents coming to our meetings.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/930770/liverpool-lion-board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul. I will post something on the Lions BGG page shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Evans
United Kingdom
little sutton
cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Good luck with the gaming group. I may be show my face, wargaming is my main interest. I have know to play Arkham horror, Merchant of Venus, & Dead of Winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We met for the first time last week. The Whitby Club is a good venue, it serves meals, offers a range of real ales and the room we use is a good size with opportunities for growth.

We played, Azul, Citrus and Thurn & Taxis. This week Francis Drake is looking probable (might appeal to you Gareth?).

We hope that you can join us anytime after 6.30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Evans
United Kingdom
little sutton
cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I shall nip in & see you all Wednesday, been a while since played a euro type game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Parka
England
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll be there

Nice little venue, lots of space etc and loads of parking outside
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been a very good response to this new boardgame meet up such that we should have a double figure attendance next week. If you are tempted to join us please come along so we can get the group established.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have now set up a guild page for the group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have had a very good response so far and should have a double figure turn out this Wednesday. Please come and support your new local Games club!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Parka
England
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Meeting again this week at the same venue and same time, whitby social club from about 18:30

Everyones welcome to come, no charge for attending

Tentative plans are for a game of Luna and/or Nippon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great night at the Whitby Club. Games played: 7 Wonders, Nippon, Kingsburg with expansion, Nmbr9, Kingdomino and 6Nmmt.

Likely to be playing Terraforming Mars next week on one table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The group seems well established with a group of a dozen or more attending (although not yet all on the same week). This week we had two tables playing Luna, cursed Court, Medici the card game and Coloretto on one and Stone Age, Walnut Grove and Parade on the other. There is plenty of space good and cheap beer and food and lots of great games to play and you are welcome to join us.
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.