Cacao: Diamante» Forums » Rules

Subject: Big Game for two players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any recommendations for how to play the big game variant with two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the publisher's suggestions: Re: What we know so far

ABACUSSPIELE wrote:
Cacao: Diamante comes with 4 additional worker tiles per player. With now 15 worker tiles per player and 30 total in a 2 player game there is no chance to keep all modules from both expansions and all elements from the base game.

Anyway the Cacao: Diamante rules give hints on how to build your custom set in the description of the "New worker tiles". Even in a 2 player game you should be able to use quite a lot of modules and elements from the base game together. You just can't have everything included, which is why we didn't call it the "Big Game" then.

Another suggestion: if you don't mind the different colors of the backs, just give both players the worker tiles of 2 colors and play a full 2 player "Big Game" with all jungle tiles included.

I haven't bought Diamante yet, so I can't comment. Though I was kinda bummed that no official variant/tweak for 2 players was included (maybe using a few extra components, or something).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Boardgamer
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
I contacted Abacus team myself and they also suggested to combine 2 sets of workers. I personally don't like it, to be honest. Would love to buy just additional set of workers of the same color instead. But alas, no such expansion.

I own all Cacao expansions for now, except New Huts for Diamante, and for now both big expansions were almost a waste. I only added the emperor figure and 4 additional workers, which allowed me to use more titles from original game. Until they release some kind of Work! Work! expansion with just additional workers, I won't be able to use all other expansions.

Unlike Carcassonne expansions, Cacao expansions require you to replace old tiles with new, which isn't nice for me. I'd prefer to add them and have longer game instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.