Chronicle X» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leaving combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignacio Barreiro
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi guys.

I've decided to open a pool of topics each of one related to a single topic, so we can have an easier discussion and make life easier to AS if they will like to review/implement any proposal.

This one is related to the leaving combat rule.

I've read several posts discussing about if it's to rough or not.

My personal opinion is that, allowing a free damage when you want to move out of melee is quite excessive, as usually the enemy that engage you in mele combat is cause it's quite good at it, so if it's hard to fight in normal mode, allowing it to hit you for free can cause a quick dead.

On the other side, allowing to get back with no penalty maybe it's as well excessive, as this game is based on shooting and it will give an advantage to the characters specialized on it (most of them i assume)

So maybe to apply some other restriction as half movement capability, or spend an action to do so, or just not being able to get benefit from equipment/ability on that "opportunity" attack will be more balanced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Saunders
msg tools
badge
I like to learn more about if there could be situations where the free attack doesn't happen.

Like if the attacker is stun or knock down. Or the defender has an ally adjacent to the attacking character.

Maybe the adjacent character also gets an attack of opportunity if the the enemy attempts an attack on a retreating character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
Earlier in the campaign (don't recall if it was in KS comments, or buried in a thread here on BGG), my suggestion was that by forgoing their action for the round, a model may make a cautious retreat, withdrawing from melee without a free attack.

Since so far there are very few passive effects, giving up an action is already a big penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Stiehl
Germany
Biebertal
Hessen
flag msg tools
Currently having a major struggle in keeping my all in pledge or not, but this post shows me the big silver lining on the horizon: Houserules
...if some of the rules need some love

good ideas bois!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.