Subject: Why is this game not getting any attention? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Player
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I find it curious that there's no hype surrounding this game at all? It seems to have a lot going for it - a Dr. KNIZIA design, very good art, setting in Glorantha etc? Is the game almost too family friendly? What is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Leffingwell
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it is too much of a niche product? I do not think that Glorantha is as popular a setting as something like the Cthulhu mythos.

I am excited about it and I will buy a copy when I see one in my local shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the KS because I'm a Glorantha-phile and loved the tone of the art, but my kids know almost nothing of the setting and really enjoy the game for its own sake. It's one of my 13-year-old's favorites and he borrows it frequently to play with his friends. He has all of the special location cards memorized and consistently beats us all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My situation is the same as Matthew's--I backed because of the Glorantha setting, but my family (who knows nothing of Glorantha) plays simply because the game is easy, quick, and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Player
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I'm just surprised there isn't more attention on it, especially given its designer.i know it's a light card game but still. But I do agree that Cthulu is more popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed because I'm a Knizia fan — I don't know anything about Goloranthawhatever. After playing it a couple of times, my reaction was, "I bet this is something a thirteen-year-old would really enjoy." You can make of that what you will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bailey
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“I would have made this instrumental, but the words got in the way...” —XTC, “No Language in Our Lungs”
badge
“Self-discipline isn’t everything; look at Pol Pot.” —Helen Fielding, _Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason_
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the Kickstarter as a Glorantha fan, excited to see a Knizia game set in that world. The actual game is a bit too light and too luck-based for my tastes, however; it's probably not going to see much play at my table, and equally it's not a game I feel compelled to proselytise on behalf of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
I backed because I'm a Knizia fan — I don't know anything about Goloranthawhatever. After playing it a couple of times, my reaction was, "I bet this is something a thirteen-year-old would really enjoy." You can make of that what you will.

My six-year-old really enjoys it.
I think one might need some rules changes to give people more tactical control over what they are doing; otherwise, yeah: It's mostly charming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.