Derek Itzla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hello great BGG Community. I am trying to manage and curate a list of Board Games that my board game group wants to play during the course of the gaming year and will freely admit I don't quite know the best way to do this.

I started by making a Geek Buddy Group of our gaming group. I then made a Geek List and published it. Is there a way to just keep the list for my gaming group? How do I tag my geek group in the list and let them add to it.

Are there any voting mechanics that would allow group members to vote on which game we might want to play each week?

How do other gaming groups manage this?

I am thankful in advance for any or all feedback on the best way to manage this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few ways of handling group collections, though none of them are perfect.

1. Geeklist, as you mention. This is a good way for the group to interact with each game, since they can comment on it. There is a way to keep geeklists private, though I'm not quite sure about the mechanics behind that. Your buddies can all subscribe to the geeklist to get notified with any updates. You just need to send them the link to the list and have them hit the 'subscribe' button.

2. Create a new account. You can add everyone's collection to this account, and give the group the username and password to the account, so everyone can log in and manipulate the data. You can use the 'wishlist' as a way of prioritizing which games you can play. Note that users aren't allowed to rate games on more than one account, so please don't rate games using this group account.

3. Create a guild. This allows the group to participate in threads within the guild and have conversations. There is a calendar feature for scheduled events. The guild also gathers everyone's collections in one comprehensive list, though this list view can't be customized or filtered much. Guilds also cost 10 geekgold or so.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Itzla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I will try the guild thing.

Regards,
Derek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.