Hide
8 Posts

Lisboa» Forums » General

Subject: Clergy card #18 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vlad V
msg tools
Text on the tile: Each of your Ships is worth +2 wigs when it sets sail, and in endgame scoring.

Just played a game, the winner made 12 points off of this clergy tile. Three times his ships set sail, he also had 3 ships to end the game.

That is a lot of points, other powerful clergy tiles could give you maybe 6-7 points for the entire game, with even more effort, none of them come close to that 12 number.

It's true, we let him claim the ships, we even sold goods on them, still, your purpose in this game should not only be about blocking a specific powerful clergy tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few items in the game that have powerful potential to be exploited. Last game I had the decree card that awards a wig for each decree card. I scored ten points with it.

Also there are clergy tiles and decree cards that work together to increase scoring for architect plans. If someone gets both the blue and green tiles and decrees, they can really score big.

I'm just saying that there are certain things that provide lucrative opportunities in this game. The savvy player will see them and grab them. Other savvy players will do what they have to do to try to minimize that player's scoring opportunities.

It's a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlad V
msg tools
Why is it, though, that it's the only one that has "endgame scoring" in its text?

I really liked the game, anyways!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the clergy tiles that have a green border at the bottom have endgame scoring. The ones that act like a completed architect plan are also very helpful.

Enjoy your gaming!
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlad V
msg tools
Thanks for the replies, Phil.

Can you point me to another clergy tile that has end of game scoring? I really feel like I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clergy tiles with endgame scoring that I can remember.

#5 At the End of the Game each of your completed Plans is worth +1 State Official.

#6 During End of Period and End of the Game each of your Rubble sets is worth +1 wig.

#14 At the end of the game, treat this as a complete blue Plan for all scoring purpose. (this one potentially will give you 15 VP if you have to most completed plans overall and give you extra wigs if you have a certain decree that needs completed blue plans)

#15 At the end of the game, treat this as a complete green Plan for all scoring purpose. (this one potentially will give you 15 VP if you have to most completed plans overall, and give you extra wigs if you have a certain decree that needs completed green plans)

#18 Each of your Ships is worth +2 wigs when it sets sail, and in endgame scoring.

There may be more clergy tiles for endgame scoring but I don't have the game in front of me right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to score 10 wigs with this one "1. Whenever you Open a Public Building, earn 2 wigs." cause it played off my end game scoring decree to have as many plans as possible used.

I think your missing how much other clergy tiles help you score wigs through out the game also they just dont slap you in the face like your example with the ships. In other words a clergy tile that gets you a lot of extra money could be huge for you placing more buildings which in turn allows you to score a lot more points off of buildings and so on. So if that money clergy tile got me enough money to place two more buildings that game at 4 wigs a piece then also I get some bonuses that help me score a couple extra wigs you see real quick it can compete for the same amount of wigs for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
velvlad wrote:
Thanks for the replies, Phil.

Can you point me to another clergy tile that has end of game scoring? I really feel like I'm missing something.

When the wigs are earned is largely irrelevant. In addition to the ones Michael pointed out that add points during end game calculations there are a number of other clergy tiles that award wigs over the course of the game:

1. Whenever you open a public building earn 2 wigs.
2. Whenever you build a store earn 1 wig.
9. Whenever you receive rubble you may discard one for 2 wigs.
21. Every decree card received 1 wig.

Points are points whenever you get them.

velvlad wrote:
none of them come close to that 12 number.

9 & 21 can certainly earn 12 wigs if a player focuses on them, and are considerably harder to block than the ship one you're concerned about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.