Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered the game and was going trough the rules and I think I will make some drawbags for counters.

If you could make drawbags for the game how many would be ideal? 1 for each type of damage or should there be more for something else?

And what about artwork. Which images would you use in each bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cups are easier, but if I was going with bags I’d use a stencil font to show A, B, C, and D in the appropriate colors on a British camel color.

There are some very nice 4-stack cups at Pier 1 that are a useful for all sorts of games.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original starter set came with four sections of the box for counters. We just use those and keep the box open and nearby during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
FULL THROTTLE
badge
FULL THROTTLE
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought four of these bags from the BGG store in 13x16 cm. Green for A, orange for B, purple for C, and blue for D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These work very well.

https://smile.amazon.com/Fun-Express-Assorted-Drawstring-Non...

Plenty large enough to get hands into. I have about 3 sets of counters in each.

While I color matched with the damage chits, I also put the letter on in large black marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used opaque plastic cups and labeled each a, b, c and d.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sails of Glory: Damage Counter Bags have been released in the past and I find them perfect. Now a version for Wings of Glory WW2 has been announced as an add-on during the Wings of Glory: Tripods & Triplanes Kickstarter.
They should be then available in July.
In the meantime, I always used the four spaces in the box, one for each kind of damage chits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draxon Bailo
Australia
Uranquinty
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made my own bags for the game.

Pretty easy to make, also done the same for many other games I own that use 'secret pulls' (Sails of Glory for example)

4 larger ones for damage and 4 smaller ones.

The Larger damage ones I've also made so they fit inside a cup so they can 'fold' over the edge of a cup (example in image) for when we have the table space, (cups are quicker access) other wise we just use the bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Draxonfly wrote:
I've made my own bags for the game.

Pretty easy to make, also done the same for many other games I own that use 'secret pulls' (Sails of Glory for example)

4 larger ones for damage and 4 smaller ones.

The Larger damage ones I've also made so they fit inside a cup so they can 'fold' over the edge of a cup (example in image) for when we have the table space, (cups are quicker access) other wise we just use the bags.

For what do you use the smaller ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draxon Bailo
Australia
Uranquinty
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Engine and crew damage/hit counters..
Advanced gameplay and special aircraft.

You don't really need bags for them, there is only a few chits for them, but i had the spare calico and they where fun to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.