Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam (bukimi)
Poland
Sosnowiec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I don't know if we're playing it wrong or just we play inefficient, but all players had LOTS of resources (goods, raw materials) and didn't have to worry about any costs.

Example: for 1 action with helper (matching colors) on trade you get 3 extra goods. Most plots give you raw materials, so you just go there and get (at least) 2 of them. Therefore, after a few moves you get all resources that you need. The same goes with gems: if I need 2 rubies, I just get rubies with my black keyple and get at least 2 (3 if someone joins).
I'm not spending resouces to meet fair requirements, so everybody's resources are stockpiling. Noone had problems with getting all points from all fairs (and yes, I know that 1 resource can be allocated to 1 fair only).

Did you have similar situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Just having resources gives you no points. So I try to use my few actions I have to gather only resources that I need to build/upgrade or for the scoring.
So getting resources is not that hard, but loosing an action/keyple for it is not always the best option. I must admit I had never problems with getting enough of the raw stuff, but I was not always good in getting the right refined material at the right time.

Wheat is a whole different thing - I always grab it, if I have the opportunity. (<- slight exaggeration )

What did you score at the end of the game? This might be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a) Sell your resources on boats for points. With the right buildings and sharp elbows it's quite possible to get a game-winning number of points just by selling resources on boats, forget end-of-game scoring.

b) The hard part in Keyper isn't obtaining stuff, it's effectively turning that stuff into points. Fairs are only going to give you enough points to win if you're extremely lucky with your tile draws and/or the other players are asleep enough to not score highly themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam (bukimi)
Poland
Sosnowiec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Just getting" resources is often enough for scoring them.
Lots of buildings turn resources into points directly: it's super easy to fill Stable with 4 horses for 2 points each (and you can sell excess on boats). The same goes with some buildings that give points for having goods and of course FAIRS, where you get resources and turn them into points without even spending them. Even animal+good+gem combo is relatively easy to complete.
It's not like it's bad as-such, but I'm used to hard objectives in worker placement games. It's not easy (for me) to find better strategy where all paths seem quite easy.

I don't remember how final scoring looked like. I believe we had about 40-50 points, but I'll ask a friend who counted and noted them

EDIT: Final score was: 83/77/73 points (3 players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.