Gregory Treas
United States
St. Augustine
FL
flag msg tools
Play Harder
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work, I'll give it a try. I've only had this game a week and love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aaa
Module 1: I like it.

I think I’d value
Ninurta wrote:
- Upgrade 2 steps of your cubes (as one of the starting cards)
over
Ninurta wrote:
- Gain 2 VP's
over
Ninurta wrote:
- Take a merchant card from the display and 1 VP
over the take-that (which I wouldn’t use as I don’t like these things ).
When I first saw the icons, I thought the purple card meant "take back a card you have in play". That would be more appealing to me. If not "take back all your cards" and remove the VP.

Ninurta wrote:
The choice of VP cards is a little more tight as the original setup lets you display five of 'em.
4 sounds like too few, especially with more players (with 5p, I play with 6 VP cards).

Module #2 (draft): why not, but then you’d remove half of the interesting first phase of the game (engine building).
Ninurta wrote:
- The mini draft is essential for me, nobody seems to be willing to pay cubes at the start of the game to get the merchant card they want, basically the start of the game is sort of “gimme that left merchant card”
That sounds like (sorry) poor play. Early game you need to build your engine and should be ready to pay a lot to get the critical cards that fit very well together or are better than other cards.

Module #3:
Ninurta wrote:
You can combine VP cards only when you buy them
That’s gonna induce downtime. Better if you combine them at the end imo. I’m not a fan of this module a priori anyway.

Ninurta wrote:
- If you like module nr.1 you may try to vary the bonuses ( instead of trashing opponents cubes I was also considering downgrading opponents cubes) and make your own strip
I would certainly prefer forcing a downgrade upon each opponent than destroying their cubes.

Ideas for module #1:
- take any 1 action (except for taking a VP card)
- 3 VP
- change cubes for cubes (max value: 4)
- immediately play one card you have in play
- this card costs R or YY less

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.