Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Captain Sonar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule Clarification: Torpedo/Missiles/Mines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clavan Dsouza
India
flag msg tools
Need to clarify some rules regarding Torpedos/Missiles and the way they interact with Mines

1. Do Torpedos go through islands when counting 4 spaces?
I assumed not.
However, the new release specifically mentions this for the Asgard Torpedo. Makes me question my previous assumption.

2. Torpedos triggering/removing mines
When a normal torpedo hits a space, the original ruling specifies the mine in the blast radius be 'removed', not exploded, correct?
(If incorrect, what about cascaded explosions from mines of different teams)
The new expansion ruling (Kraken, KAOS)(Asgard??) mentions mines are 'resolved'..which indicated by the art mean.. explode.
Does this apply to enemy mines too? Because if it does, and the enemy captain announces the explosion, my capable radio operator knows his position.

3. Cascaded Polarizing Mines by both team could set the battle field ablaze, no?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohan Lemonnier
France
flag msg tools
Hi, Clavan.

As a general rule, always consider that a chain reaction can always happen between torpedoes and mines, and also between mines and mines.

1 . Torpedoes never go through islands.
The Asgard is not exactly a torpedo, more of a missile. So it can flight above islands.

2 . When A torpedo detonates within range of a mine (on its spot or adjacent) the mines explodes. It happens wether the mine is yours or your opponent's.
So you MUST announce "chain reaction on mine located on C5 !" if your mine is hit by an enemy torpedo.

3 . Polarized mines can also trigger previously dropped mines. And yes, it can turn the map into floating hell !

Thanx for your interest in the game !

Yohan, designer of Cpt Sonar.
3 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zhang
China
flag msg tools
Hello there. I wanna be certain about these 3 rules since there are some different "official answer"to them.
Firstly, we will also be hurt by our torpedo or mine if we are in its attack range.
Secondly, mines will be detonated even if it is only been indirectly attacked by another mine or torpedo.
Thirdly, we suffer another damage from those detonated mines too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zhang
China
flag msg tools
If the third qusetion's answer is yes, this game could be end up with two ships destoried at the same time
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Dknight997 wrote:
Hello there. I wanna be certain about these 3 rules since there are some different "official answer"to them.


You do realize that Yohan is one of the designers, right ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zhang
China
flag msg tools
but he didn't answer my third question in this thread, right? Neither have I seen a certain answer to the first question here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zhang
China
flag msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1746263/final-judgement-tor...


And my doubt comes from this thread, since the last posting seems to be the final answer to those similar questions base on the rules, and no denial from anyone else till now.
After all I cannot find an official answer to my fist and third questions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dknight997 wrote:
but he didn't answer my third question in this thread, right?
scandale wrote:
3 . Polarized mines can also trigger previously dropped mines. And yes, it can turn the map into floating hell !
...
Yohan, designer of Cpt Sonar.

Even if that's not the complete answer you're looking for, a "Thank you! Can you clarify..." will go a lot further towards getting another response than will getting upset.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zhang
China
flag msg tools
Kayvon wrote:
Dknight997 wrote:
but he didn't answer my third question in this thread, right?
scandale wrote:
3 . Polarized mines can also trigger previously dropped mines. And yes, it can turn the map into floating hell !
...
Yohan, designer of Cpt Sonar.

Even if that's not the complete answer you're looking for, a "Thank you! Can you clarify..." will go a lot further towards getting another response than will getting upset.


My apologize, judge.
I was very stupid thinking that a "Hello" will do the job when greeting while a "thx a lot" could come later.
Believe me, I did not mean any impoliteness.
But you know what´╝č
As a small group of Chinese players who knows we can check the rules on BGG, found lots of stuff not mentioned at all in the general rule book, also with several rules been answered quite differently without any high-lighted official confirmation or denial.
Am I a little bit upset?
Acctully, I am.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kayvon wrote:
Dknight997 wrote:
but he didn't answer my third question in this thread, right?
scandale wrote:
3 . Polarized mines can also trigger previously dropped mines. And yes, it can turn the map into floating hell !
...
Yohan, designer of Cpt Sonar.

Even if that's not the complete answer you're looking for, a "Thank you! Can you clarify..." will go a lot further towards getting another response than will getting upset.


He isn't the OP and seems to just have been reviving an old thread. While a thank you might have been nice, certainly not necessary. The ruder party here is you coming in to attack him, rather than simply saying, in case you didn't notice, Yohan is a designer, so questions 1 and 2 are covered above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
He isn't the OP and seems to just have been reviving an old thread.
My mistake. I misread my thread description and thought it was the same poster each time. Sorry for the confusion.

To further clarify, I am not the same poster who pointed out that Yohan is the designer. That was jujulautre.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kayvon wrote:
I am not the same poster who pointed out that Yohan is the designer. That was jujulautre.


Oh the irony, I will go hide in a corner now
 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Man
msg tools
scandale wrote:

2 . When A torpedo detonates within range of a mine (on its spot or adjacent) the mines explodes. It happens wether the mine is yours or your opponent's.
So you MUST announce "chain reaction on mine located on C5 !" if your mine is hit by an enemy torpedo.


Could you please clarify something. So does this mean damage from both a torpedo and a triggered mine could be applied. Example, a direct hit from a torpedo that also detonates a direct hit from a mine; 2+2=4 damage and immediately destroys a submarine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.