Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know whether this is the right place to post this, I tried once to address this problem submitting a game correction but I was largely ignored.

The weird thing is that Dungeon Command doesn't exist as a game in the database, so I can't log plays to it and I can't see it in my collection if I exclude expansions (and it would be silly not to do so as I have twice the expansions than games).

There exist a Dungeon Command family which doesn't link to any game (I'm not aware of a similar situation occurs in the whole database), only to expansions. At least it ties together all the Dungeon Command items.

In the database, the five different Dungeon Command boxes show as expansions for the Dungeons & Dragons Adventure System games which belong to another family of games. It's true that they can be used that way, but they are a game on its own. The Dungeon Command promos show as expansions for the boxes.

So there's a family, within that family are expansions for games of another family, expansions of those expansions, but no game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually since they are stand alone games, it should use integrate for the D&D board games too, I’ll fix them tonight

But the family is set up correctly. There’s no dungeon command game to create, the family links then together as you said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Actually since they are stand alone games, it should use integrate for the D&D board games too, I’ll fix them tonight

But the family is set up correctly. There’s no dungeon command game to create, the family links then together as you said

They aren't stand alone games, since you need at least two boxes to play. There is a split-one-box-between-two-players mode to learn to play with only one box available, but it's not how the game is intended to play.

It's a customizable game with a not-random box-set distribution model. You need several copies of each box for a playset.

I don't know what the correct implementation in BGG's database is, but there should be a game somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose-san wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

They aren't stand alone games, since you need at least two boxes to play. There is a split-one-box-between-two-players mode to learn to play with only one box available, but it's not how the game is intended to play.

It's a customizable game with a not-random box-set distribution model. You need several copies of each box for a playset.

I don't know what the correct implementation in BGG's database is, but there should be a game somewhere.
I agree with Jason, since they can be played out of the box (though as you said that's not the full game) a stand alone game entry for each box is how it should be classified.

BGG's systems are arcane indeed though, so who knows what the official answer will be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
As a counter-point, game entries exist for Summoner Wars and Magic: The Gathering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
craigcoffin wrote:
As a counter-point, game entries exist for Summoner Wars and Magic: The Gathering.

All the descriptions for Dungeon Command boxes state:
While each Dungeon Command faction is meant to be played by a single player, quick-start rules allow two players to engage in a shortened version of the game using only one box.

Yes, I know that is not a full game, but that technically makes them a stand alone game.

I've updated all them to use integrate with so they should now get a rank (next time ranks are calculated)

As for Summoner Wars, the description states:
NOTE:This entry is currently in flux! All of the forum posts, and linked items are being moved to the individual game entries, with anything sufficiently generic being linked to the Summoner Wars Master Set. All content will be maintained.

(For Dungeon Command, generic discussion would be done in the Dungeon Command Family Forum - Dungeon Command)

For Magic CCG, I believe most of the sets have their own entry now. This was something that happened within the last few months.

I also think Pokemon TCG had a bunch of entries added too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least they are games now. They show in my collection as games and my total number of logged plays is right. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is strange they always appeared as "base game" for me. Which has been highly annoying. Nobody cares that they can be played with just one box, that's not really playing, rather learning the rules. When registering games played I have to do it under one box as if I did not play the others, that's nonsense. Each box is a starter but also and expansion to other ones and it seems Bgg does not understand this model and we can't avoid clutter in our collections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.