Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WARNING: We only played this as a co-op and am only reviewing it as such. It appears to have been designed primarily as a competitive game, and would probably be a lot better in that mode.

This review is part of my attempt to review as many co-op games as I can. All of my reviews are in the geeklist A Crazy Couple's Co-op Guide: 2013 and onward Edition

Our rating:

Addictive?: thumbsdown

Modes: Competitive, Co-op, Solo

Players: 1-4

With a couple: Worked as fine as it could.

Play Time: Averageish (1 hourish)

Difficulty: Too few plays to really say

Skill Factor: 2 ? Hard to say with limited plays.

Individual/Group Play: Not a huge amount of cooperation.
* Players have individual decks, but can freely communicate.

Component Quality: Mixed
Die and ship minis are cool, but the die is very hard to read. Locations are nice. Much of the card art is "photograph" portrait of people type art, which I'm not fond of.

Rules Quality: thumbsdown
Not terrible, but not great.

Mini-Review
Control and build an airship to reach Atlantis.

Designed as a competitive game but includes solo/co-op variant."Take-that" cards are removed for co-op play.

Deckbuilding is really odd. Instead of placing you against a timer, you are limited by only being allowed to "build" your deck twice in a game. It feels arbitrary and clunky; the competitive version would have you simply in a race against time against your opponents, which would be a lot better!

Cards represent various crew and equipment. Face peril and location cards, use crew and equipment to resolve the challenges. Its OK; nothing very original, though not as common in the deck-building genre.

Would be better as a competitive game, but has a big helping of "take-that" as such, which we're not fond of.

We didn't like...
* Extremely limited deckbuilding.
* Pretty sure you can break the 2 player co-op game.
* 'Meh' gameplay.

We really did like...
* Theme and location cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.