Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: It appears your thread is sinking.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
western australia
flag msg tools
This ABC documentary came though our youtube feeds tonight.

A few things about it struck me:
1/ Given the total cost of the testing. Why be so half arsed with the clean up budget?

2/ If you were one of those US service men? How would you feel? I worked with a Scottish bloke years ago. He talked about when he left Scotland for Australia, how they were having a minor AIDS epidemic among their intravenous drug users. In a time when HIV was a slow death sentence, affected people were finding the dealers who had given them dirty needles and killing them. Even at the local pub it seemed. The angry action of someone with nothing to left loose. His story has stayed with me ever since.
I'd have trouble feeling sympathy for the murder victim. I almost feel this is a similar situation?

3/ The veteran in ICU who, while obviously feeling proud to be a US citizen, is chocked up worrying about how this all looks internationally.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.