Subject: Play-Test Venue Dublin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Smith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

I like playing prototype board games and I told a few board game designers that I will play-test their print and play games.

I'm looking for a venue in Dublin City Centre where people interested in play-testing prototype games can meet up and we can play games and if someone has their own prototype board game we could play-test that as well.

I know there are already a few places in Dublin where you can play board games but I want a place that is only for playing prototype games.

If anyone knows a venue they think would be good to do this in could you let me know.

And if anyone would be interested in playing prototype games could you also let me know.

Regards

Matthew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Higgins
Ireland
Mallow
Cork
flag msg tools
Im not sure of venues but i would get in touch with celtic cardboard they regularly test prototype games and encourage others to bring their prototypes for play, they even help support those who are publishing their games.
Here's their website https://celticcardboard.com/
i have found them to be pretty active on faceboook and twitter as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brophy
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matthew.

As Eric mentioned already, there's currently a playtest group operating, we actually met tonight and usually meet twice a month.

You can find our group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoardGameDesignersIreland

You're more than welcome to bring any games you want to get playtested. We're always looking for new ideas and members.

Finding venues is one of the toughest parts. Pubs open late, but can be very busy and aren't always the best venue to test. Cafes are great, but often have small tables and close early. Restaurants don't really want you lingering. Clockwork Door is an option, but each attendee has to pay for the time they're there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Smith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the feedback, some really great points raised there, I checked a good few places around the city centre there are a few good ones, but I still have not found the ideal place.

The ideal place would be a free space to use, quiet where you could play games without any distractions, have good lights, a big table to accommodate any board game and it would stay open late.

Now if only Carlsberg did Host Board Game Nights

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.