Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Southwest Airlines -- Keeping fares low by not splurging on monospaced fonts for our word searches

The sad thing is that I had done all the rows and was starting on the third column before I noticed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that is a font problem. its hard to read with the gold on blue, but it looks like the top row has 15 letters, and the 2nd has 13. Most rows have 13-14 letters, but the occasional 15 pops in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
I don't think that is a font problem. its hard to read with the gold on blue, but it looks like the top row has 15 letters, and the 2nd has 13. Most rows have 13-14 letters, but the occasional 15 pops in there.

They just stuck as many letters on each row as it took to make them take up (roughly) the same horizontal space. The font they used in not monospaced/fixed-width, so it takes a different number of letters depending on which letters are used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I noticed this yesterday as I flew home from holiday vacation. I'm pissed at Southwest Airlines though because they smashed the plastic casing on one of our suitcases and destroyed our daughter's car seat as well. They say that the car seat is tough luck because they don't insure them for damage. That would have been nice to know before we checked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Airlines do not feel that they are responsible for anything. yuk

Just be thankful that they didn't beat you and drag you off of the plane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.