Adam Kranzel
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

It seems there's no reasonable way to do this at the moment, and I (and I'm sure others) would find it useful.

I maintain the sleeves geeklist, and every time a new manufacturer comes around, I have to edit every one of the 3000+ entries individually to get them added. I can't even use the 'edit items' option because it breaks with a list this size.

Better editing tools in general would be great, but barring that I'd like to be able to export an entire geeklist to a CSV or similar, edit it, and re-import that data to BGG. Any chance of this happening, and any way I can help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Smith
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The API export looks like this:

<item
id="5787784"
objecttype="thing"
subtype="boardgame"
objectid="232509"
objectname="Feelinks"
username="Taeraresh"
postdate="Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:33:10 +0000"
editdate="Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:33:10 +0000"
thumbs="0"
imageid="0">

<body> [all the raw XML text with format codes, etc.]</body>

</item>

The only reasonable modification is the item itself, perhaps the name and existence. Would you need to edit the body text?

I'm playing around with name searches and bulk import of collections. I have updated bggcli to work in the modern era and have a gui for name disambiguation of searches.

I'm not sure what it would take to upload a new geeklist, as I would expect there is not an editing api, only reading. So any editing would be through the web interface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MSGreg wrote:
The API export looks like this:

<item
id="5787784"
objecttype="thing"
subtype="boardgame"
objectid="232509"
objectname="Feelinks"
username="Taeraresh"
postdate="Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:33:10 +0000"
editdate="Thu, 23 Nov 2017 05:33:10 +0000"
thumbs="0"
imageid="0">

<body> [all the raw XML text with format codes, etc.]</body>

</item>

The only reasonable modification is the item itself, perhaps the name and existence. Would you need to edit the body text?

I'm playing around with name searches and bulk import of collections. I have updated bggcli to work in the modern era and have a gui for name disambiguation of searches.

I'm not sure what it would take to upload a new geeklist, as I would expect there is not an editing api, only reading. So any editing would be through the web interface.

I would need to edit the body text, unfortunately. I'm hoping for a way to not have to edit all the entries by hand to add/change/remove sleeve manufacturers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.