Dragonfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Warlock Patron Pact of the Chain progression rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I was looking at the Warlock character screen and noticed the Patron Slot with the requirement 'Your first Feature purchase must be a Patron, ...'

While going through the Warlock Dragonfire Stickers, the pdf in the files section, I was looking at the Warlock: Pact of the Chain progression. Going trough the stickers for that class (subclass?) I didn't see any Patron Feature listed.

Am I missing something? Or is it an oversight in the pdf?

Or do you simply follow the character screen for the warlock and buy one of the 10 XP Patron features no matter what Warlock 'Pact' class you prefer to develop your character into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is only two Patron stickers, Fey and Infernal Fiend. You just have to pick one. If the chain of others stickers doesn't require you be either, then you're good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlock purchased Features (10xp) are Fey or Fiend.
I believe that that's where a Warlock derives their power from.

Some features are unlockable by choice of Patron.
Fey:
10xp: Fey Presence
40xp: Misty Escape
60xp: Beguiling Defenses
100xp: Dark Delirium

Fiend:
30xp: Dark One's Blessing
40xp: Dark One's Own Luck
60xp: Fiendish Resilience
100xp: Hurl through Hell

Warlock Pacts (Chain / Blade / Tome) are independent of chosen Patron.
Each of the pacts has their own unlockable abilities.

I believe that Patron and Pact are orthogonal and neither affects the other, though there may be some synergies between chosen Features in the two different choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Principia

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotun wrote:
I was looking at the Warlock character screen and noticed the Patron Slot with the requirement 'Your first Feature purchase must be a Patron, ...'

While going through the Warlock Dragonfire Stickers, the pdf in the files section, I was looking at the Warlock: Pact of the Chain progression. Going trough the stickers for that class (subclass?) I didn't see any Patron Feature listed.

Am I missing something? Or is it an oversight in the pdf?

Or do you simply follow the character screen for the warlock and buy one of the 10 XP Patron features no matter what Warlock 'Pact' class you prefer to develop your character into?

That was a deliberate move on my part to avoid having a bunch of iterations based on which patron/pact combination you might choose to take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.