Subject: Cards like Director Krennic and Seventh Sister? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Activating Director Krennic or Seventh Sister can summon other dice into the pool. Are there any other cards with a similar effect?

Also, how many summonable dice would you need when using these characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roddy
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Support Vehicle (Separatist Landing Craft) in the upcoming Legacies set whose special is spend two resources and destroy itself to summon a Battle Droid. Because this card is a one-shot, you'd only need one extra Battle Droid, or two Droids if you put two Landing Crafts in your deck.

Note that Director Krennic and Seventh Sister don't add new characters/upgrades to your side. They just let you roll the corresponding die, resolve it, then set it aside until the next time the Sister/Krennic activates (& you control the battlefield, in the case of Krennic). So you'd only need one extra of each.

Deckbuilding-wise, if you're playing Seventh Sister, you'd want to play with the maximum number of ID9 seeker droids, since they boost each other. So two in your deck and one extra for the Sister's ability.

Since Krennic doesn't improve upon or gain benefits from Death Troopers, there's no need to have him fight alongside a DT character. Your deck could be eKrennic + DT, with a spare DT die for K's ability, but since Krennic only has one damage side, I don't think two K dice for 19 points should be your backbone. (he goes fit with eBala-Tik though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
Training(Spirit of Rebelion 125) adds an extra character die to non-unique red characters.

Runaway Boomas (Legacies 51) can bring in an extra copy of its die.

Those are the only other cards that come to mind that bring ‘extra’ dice into the game.

As for Krenic and Seventh Sister they typically only bring one extra die into the game. I guess you could use Feint (Empire at War 121) to get additional dice but that’s pretty edge case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And then of course there is Ace in the Hole but that is slightly different than these others since it actually demands that you have the corresponding card in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
itchywookie wrote:
There's a Support Vehicle (Separatist Landing Craft) in the upcoming Legacies set whose special is spend two resources and destroy itself to summon a Battle Droid. Because this card is a one-shot, you'd only need one extra Battle Droid, or two Droids if you put two Landing Crafts in your deck.

This is quite interesting if this really means that you are allowed to go over the 30 point character setup limit. This would effectively give an extra 6 HP per summoning.

itchywookie wrote:
They just let you roll the corresponding die, resolve it, then set it aside until the next time the Sister/Krennic activates (& you control the battlefield, in the case of Krennic). So you'd only need one extra of each.

Are you sure about this? Krennic, Sister, Runaway Boomas, and Ace in the Hole are all worded ”Set aside that die after it is resolved or removed”. This sounds like the die should stay in the pool until it is resolved/removed by another action.

So, in case of Krennic/Sister, you could summon multiple extra dice by using any effect that readies the character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oskari wrote:

Are you sure about this? Krennic, Sister, Runaway Boomas, and Ace in the Hole are all worded ”Set aside that die after it is resolved or removed”. This sounds like the die should stay in the pool until it is resolved/removed by another action.

So, in case of Krennic/Sister, you could summon multiple extra dice by using any effect that readies the character.

Set aside is a technical term to remove from game after it has been used, to clarify you dont get to keep the die over and over.

As for seventh sister, inded you can roll more than one die. There are mental exercises of people that manage to do over 300 damage with her (and crate like 10+ additional die). For that they combine feint, price of failure, and other cards that either erady a character or recycle events from the discard pile.

In a practical sceniario...I would think it is hard to roll more than 2 additional die, though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a tournament, early on, I was able to get 6 and do 15 damage plus 4 more from other dice killing both of my opponents characters in one shot. They let me use proxies in that casual tournament. Later my opponents heard about what I was doing and just focused on killing her first. Once she was gone the deck was extremely bad.

I did price of failure a full health Unkar to get one more die in, pretty crazy.

This was before they nerfed Phasma2 and Unkar so the characters don't work together anymore. I don't think there's a way to get leadership to work with three characters anymore. I had feint, price of failure, leadership, boundless ambition to draw back more cards, and cheat to get cards back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.