Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I'm new to board the gaming world.

Does anyone know if there is a Star Wars game on the market or coming to the market that is a "legacy" game?

Gloomhaven (and that ilk) in the Star Wars universe would be dreamy!!!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Burnett
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know of but that's an interesting idea that might come true with the legacy trend in full swing.

I would be interested in such a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I think a lot of people would. I'm sure it's very license required heavy, but if a game developer out there needs any help, I've got some ideas floating in my head
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
acctingman wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a Star Wars game on the market or coming to the market that is a "legacy" game?

Thanks

Haven't heard of any.

It's not a legacy game, but you should check out Star Wars: Rebellion. It does a great job at using the SW world but letting you tell "new stories" in your adventures. In my last game, Darth Vader and Boba Fett teamed up to capture Chewbacca and were about to subject him to the interrogator droid to get a big lead on the hidden rebel base location - when the game had to be called for time. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
acctingman wrote:

Thanks

Haven't heard of any.

It's not a legacy game, but you should check out Star Wars: Rebellion. It does a great job at using the SW world but letting you tell "new stories" in your adventures. In my last game, Darth Vader and Boba Fett teamed up to capture Chewbacca and were about to subject him to the interrogator droid to get a big lead on the hidden rebel base location - when the game had to be called for time. laugh

Yea, I'm looking at this and SW:Imperial Assault to see which game I want after I get done with Gloomhaven.

Is Rebellion solo capable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acctingman wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
acctingman wrote:

Thanks

Haven't heard of any.

Yea, I'm looking at this and SW:Imperial Assault to see which game I want after I get done with Gloomhaven.

Is Rebellion solo capable?

Imperial Assault is campaign based which seems to be more what you are looking for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't jumped on the Legacy train, but for a Star Wars game I totally would! That being said, Star Wars: Imperial Assault is probably the closest to what you're looking for, though still not 100% I think.

I used to run an online Star Wars roleplay forum and I would totally love to adapt that system to board game form. But licensing and such...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TO answer your question about Star Wars Rebellion being able to play solo would be a no. The game uses a cat and mouse mechanic where you have to find the rebel base, so i don't think there can be a solo variant.

Star Wars Imperial assault on the other hand has a couple solo variants by using the new released Star Wars Legends of the Alliance app or RedJaks RAIV cards which is pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks all

I'll grab SW:IA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.