Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Dice Town» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions about dice town rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I own dice town and the two expansions. Can you implement both expansions to the base game? I read instructions and I don't see it.

Also a question about town hall.
It is the person with the best hand that gets property AND if you have an ace also you get a plus 1. Correct?

What if the best hand is three aces? How does it work, you only get one property or three?

Need some clarification on both issues.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
I own dice town and the two expansions. Can you implement both expansions to the base game? I read instructions and I don't see it.

Also a question about town hall.
It is the person with the best hand that gets property AND if you have an ace also you get a plus 1. Correct?

What if the best hand is three aces? How does it work, you only get one property or three?

Need some clarification on both issues.

I haven't implemented the 2nd expansion yet so not sure - but I would assume so.

Town Hall: Winning hand gets 1 property card. then for each Ace that is part of the winning hand, you get +1 card up to a maximum of 3.

If 3 Aces is the winning card, you would get 1 +3 (for each Ace) for a total of 4 but the cap is 3 so it would be 3 cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Looking at the online rules, it says how to implement them if you also have the first expansion. Is this not on your printed version of the rules?

With this 2nd expansion, the winning hand gets the one property card. Aces don't get you more property. If you have the first expansion:

The second action (draw a Property Deed) is unchanged.

With Prairie (the new location), you get a cow for each Ace or you recruit a Cowboy if you are the one with the most Aces (like the other locations, it counts the number of dice, not the "best hand"). If you have the first expansion:

Like other locations, with 3 or more players, the player with the most Aces takes one of the two actions and the player with the second most Aces takes the remaining action.

1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I might of not read this properly.
What I meant was cowboys expansion adds a board between town hall and the doc.
Using the dice town expansion with Indian dice those cards would go where the new board goes.
Can cowboys and Indians exists in the same game or is it either or.

As an aside, thanks for clearing up the town hall/ace / best hand issues.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
The Indians shouldn't have any impact on this expansion. It keys off the Town Hall resolution. The only "change" is that instead of the winner at the Town Hall returning "one of" his cards, he would return his only card. Or allow the 2nd place player to do so.

Having Cowboys in the game doesn't interact nor interfere with Indians.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The only "change" is that instead of the winner at the Town Hall returning "one of" his cards, he would return his only card. Or allow the 2nd place player to do so.


Sorry what does this mean? I thought if you won the town hall was independent of whether or not you decided to discard (put in the box, never to be seen again) and get the die.

Was I wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The only "change" is that instead of the winner at the Town Hall returning "one of" his cards, he would return his only card. Or allow the 2nd place player to do so.


Sorry what does this mean? I thought if you won the town hall was independent of whether or not you decided to discard (put in the box, never to be seen again) and get the die.

Was I wrong?

I don't mean to be rude but have you even read the rules? These aren't overly complicated rules and it's pretty clear in the rules addressing all your questions.

The Indian die section says after the town hall is resolved, the player with the best poker hand can choose to discard a just acquired property card.

The town hall analyzes the best poker hand. So the best poker hand corresponds to the winner of the town hall. The town hall awards property cards. Both of these statements in the Indian rules clearly indicate the town hall winner is NOT independent from the Indian die.

Again, the only difference is that the town hall winner has the chance to grab 3 cards (whether playing just the base game or with the first expansion). But with the 2nd expansion, you only can ever get one card a turn. Which means to get the Indian die, you have to give up your only card. You don't have a choice in which card if you combine expansions.

Do yourself a favor and read the rules (again if you already have) including all text in different formats and examples. Everything you have asked is clearly there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not flustered regarding your comment about reading rules. I did, several times.
Thing is I'm one of those people that want the proper interpretation of what I read. I compare it to reading and re-reading some notes from class or understanding med dosages.
I realize not everyone has this issue, but that's why I ask here, cause I know the folks here will help in plain-speak.

I'll say for the most part Dice Town rules are pretty clear.

Thanks for helping me out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
I'm not flustered regarding your comment about reading rules. I did, several times.
Thing is I'm one of those people that want the proper interpretation of what I read. I compare it to reading and re-reading some notes from class or understanding med dosages.
I realize not everyone has this issue, but that's why I ask here, cause I know the folks here will help in plain-speak.

I'll say for the most part Dice Town rules are pretty clear.

Thanks for helping me out.

No problem. Glad no offense was taken. I was just confused as everything seems clear to me but most of these rules were in different font - red and smaller size - that I thought maybe they were skipped over as something superfluous or just an example that didn't need to be read.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.