Subject: Resolving Card 16 if shield tokens all die? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Valore
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
You can see the card image here: https://boardgames.stackexchange.com/questions/39356/fallout...

One way to resolve the card to progress the 'star' faction is to:

"[action] adjacent to a [shield]"

I ran into an issue where there was only 1 [shield] left on the board. On my action I moved adjacent to it. On enemy turn it activated and attacked me (it has ranged attack). According to the roll, I should have killed it...

That would leave 0 [shield] tokens on the board... so does this quest path just become impossible?

I was playing solo so I just played it out as "I'll take my hits, but choose not to retaliate" leaving the shield alive so I could carry out the action next turn, but.... thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notsteve Notlawton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
The encounter card where you go to the ruins and find the Synth courser does not get trashed when you complete it, it gets added (shuffled into the top x cards of the encounter deck with x being the number of players in the game. So if there’s one player and you shuffle it with the top 1 card you will have a 50/50 chance of encountering it every time you encounter a ruins). If you keep encountering ruins and and keep informing synths they will keep spawning, and since Synths don’t have the aggressive perk you won’t be forced to fight them right after they spawn, allowing you to quest them and complete the railroad objective next turn if you so choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Valore
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for pointing that out... I didn't read the card that got "Added" to the wasteland encounter deck, so I didn't know it would shuffle back in.

From the discussion in https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1893927/quest-states-simply... it seems unclear if the first half of card 16 would trigger when there are exactly 3 [shield] tokens on the map, or when you add a [shield] for the 3rd time.

However I guess if you interpret it as "when there are 3 shield tokens on the map" then yes you could progress the quest this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.