6 Posts

Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Collapse and USSR National Will rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Kristjansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
If the USSR collapses and Moscow Treaty is imposed, what is the new national will value? I may be overlooking something, but the list of steps for USSR collapse does not seem to mention this. What is the formula for the new value?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question as at the moment I can't find it either. I'll have to dig in my files at home. My gut reaction is 45.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
We also couldn't find a rule for what the USSR national will should be *during* the Moscow Treaty so we left it at zero. The rules for the Moscow Treaty counter (page 45) say to reset USSR national will to 45 when it eventually comes off the turn track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Catanzaro
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May be that National Will during the Moscow Treaty is not important? it becomes again a factor if and when URSS re-enters the war (and it is set to 45).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
We also couldn't find a rule for what the USSR national will should be *during* the Moscow Treaty so we left it at zero. The rules for the Moscow Treaty counter (page 45) say to reset USSR national will to 45 when it eventually comes off the turn track.

Ah, that's where it was.

The National Will should not matter while the Moscow Treaty is in effect because the Russian units cannot move/attack out of Occupied USSR and enemy units cannot move/attack into Occupied USSR.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Kristjansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks! I did think about that national will did not much matter since the USSR couldn't do much anyways, but I evidently hadn't properly parsed the Moscow Treaty rules. All is well on the table again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.