Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I can't remember the name of it, but it intrigued me and I wanted to check to see if it's rated high or not on bgg. Has anyone heard of something answering to this description? It's a very similar theme to TS, cold war, each player is either the US or USSR IIRC. It plays a lot more quickly than TS, and it appeared it basically used only cards, at least from the images on the back.

Is this ringing a bell with anyone? It appeared to me to be a newer game. Anyone know its title?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speusippus wrote:
I can't remember the name of it, but it intrigued me and I wanted to check to see if it's rated high or not on bgg. Has anyone heard of something answering to this description? It's a very similar theme to TS, cold war, each player is either the US or USSR IIRC. It plays a lot more quickly than TS, and it appeared it basically used only cards, at least from the images on the back.

Is this ringing a bell with anyone? It appeared to me to be a newer game. Anyone know its title?

Twilight Squabble?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it.
badge
His marvels of artifice pale in comparison to the developing machinery of his mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
13 Minutes: The Cuban Missile Crisis?
Iron Curtain?

I really doubt any of them will feel like TS, mind. I know 13 Days certainly didn't for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, Iron Curtain was the other one I was looking for, and I think is more likely to be what the OP wanted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Venser wrote:

I think this was it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Ah yes, Iron Curtain was the other one I was looking for, and I think is more likely to be what the OP wanted...

Oh wait, maybe this was it. Goldurn it.

Both 13 days and Iron Curtain look good though... I'll just grab both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played both last month. I loved both. I think I prefer Iron Curtain a little bit more, because it has a spatial element that 13 minutes does not have, but OTOH 13 minutes has this DEFCON thing going on that's much more tense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
And for multiplayer TS like game with space theme, The Expanse;

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/220792/expanse-board-gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to 13 Days, I have heard this said of the game 1989. And also 1960:The making of a President.

1989: Dawn of Freedom
1960: The Making of the President

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Goossens
Belgium
flag msg tools
Iron curtain you mean i guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.