Subject: Chicago Area Meet Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Freeman
United States
Hoffman Estates
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey all. I'd like to play some 18xx in person in the Chicagoland area. I own 1830, 1889, 1846, and 1817. I enjoy other train games as well (BnO and Age of Steam) but am really looking for a good group to play 18xx with, maybe weekly or bi-weekly.

Any interest out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest joining and posting on the Yahoo 18XX group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/18xx/info

I know there are several 18XX players in the Chicago area, Anthony Carver runs a small 18XX convention (MidSumCon) near O'Hare airport every August.

The most popular 18XX convention of the year is next week in Chattanooga TN, the Chattanooga Rail Gaming Challenge. Probably too late for you to make plans for it but figured I'd mention it just in case you happen to have a bunch of airlines miles to burn. CRGC is also on yahoo groups:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/chattanoogarailgamingcha...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Skirvin
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
/Hi there!/ *Yeah, we're still around*
badge
<FISH><
mbmbmbmbmb
jfree13 wrote:
Hey all. I'd like to play some 18xx in person in the Chicagoland area. I own 1830, 1889, 1846, and 1817. I enjoy other train games as well (BnO and Age of Steam) but am really looking for a good group to play 18xx with, maybe weekly or bi-weekly.

Any interest out there?

Which section of Chicagoland?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Freeman
United States
Hoffman Estates
Illinois
flag msg tools
tskirvin wrote:

Which section of Chicagoland?

I live in Hoffman Estates, but would like to find a centralized location for everyone, if not at a home, then at a game store to get started off with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Freeman
United States
Hoffman Estates
Illinois
flag msg tools
sfox wrote:
I'd suggest joining and posting on the Yahoo 18XX group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/18xx/info

I know there are several 18XX players in the Chicago area, Anthony Carver runs a small 18XX convention (MidSumCon) near O'Hare airport every August.

The most popular 18XX convention of the year is next week in Chattanooga TN, the Chattanooga Rail Gaming Challenge. Probably too late for you to make plans for it but figured I'd mention it just in case you happen to have a bunch of airlines miles to burn. CRGC is also on yahoo groups:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/chattanoogarailgamingcha...

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I enjoy playing the games solo but it tends to be that none of the players end up being too aggressive; I find it very hard to be mean to myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Skirvin
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
/Hi there!/ *Yeah, we're still around*
badge
<FISH><
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't pretend to play regularly, but I do miss playing. I'm in Naperville, for reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
Late to the party, but I'm out near Downers Grove and interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Pankratz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I have never tried 18XX but have been wanting to. I am on the far northside of Chicago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blaster 337
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Live in Schaumburg here. Following some of the links above, I was thrilled to see that there is a con with 18XX right in my backyard here in October (https://www.traingamers.com/copy-of-railcon-2), so I'll be checking that out for sure. If there are those who want to get together to game, I would be happy to bring my personal copies of 1846 and 1822. I'm new to the genre myself having only played 1846 once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Kalina
United States
Deerfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
We are FRELLED!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a great game of 1822 at RailCon (after getting a chance to play EmpireBuilder last night). If you live in the Chicago area and have a chance to go next year, I strongly recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalii wrote:
Just had a great game of 1822 at RailCon (after getting a chance to play EmpireBuilder last night). If you live in the Chicago area and have a chance to go next year, I strongly recommend it.

$87 just to get in the building??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s actually $103, since you must have a $16 membership.

Including zero event fees, it’s cheaper than most other national conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also part of a semi-regular group (roughly monthly) that meets in the vicinity of Downers Grove. I'd be up for a Bridgeport group, as that's not too far away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.