Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In comparing the new mounted map to the previous editions, I noticed that the Bluff (red) hexsides along 0912-1012 are now coloured as Slope (grey) hexsides.

Anyone else have this on their mounted maps?

A deliberate change? I suspect not, but perhaps John or someone "in the know" can chime in.

In the meantime, I will treat this as errata and the affected hexsides should still be Bluffs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etemenanki
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
LoTR Fan!
badge
J.R.R. Tolkien Rocks!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it ten days ago. I don't play it yet, but, just right now that you say it, I see the same. I have this on my mounted map, too.

Let's hope this was a deliberated change. Although on the back cover image map is like you say to the previous editions, Bluff (red) hexsides along 0912(C1)-1012(WN 62S).

I thought I had bought a better version/edition... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think this may be yet another case of them accidently using the 1st edition artwork for the third edition. I think.

I think so, because in the document, "D-Day at Omaha Beach Corrections for Second Printing", (found here: Changes in DOB 2nd Printing) I found this item:

"Adjust color of the brown bluff dotted line running along 0912 and 1012 so it matches the red of the other bluff lines on the map."

I have the 2nd edition... never owned the first. The 2nd Edition map shows the red dotted lines as specified above, (except they're more of a brown color than red). I also have the new mounted map, and as the same as you, those lines are now grey, not red/brown.

Given that the same mistake happened with the 3rd edition counters (used the old 1st edition artwork for the 3rd edition, totally negating all the fixes made for the 2d edition), is why I bet this is what also happened with the map.

And BTW, it certainly would be odd if your mounted map was the only one to come off the line with those hexsides printed in the wrong color!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

And BTW, it certainly would be odd if your mounted map was the only one to come off the line with those hexsides printed in the wrong color!

Hi Barry,

Yeah, I know that was probably a stretch... But I was just covering all bases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etemenanki
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
LoTR Fan!
badge
J.R.R. Tolkien Rocks!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been researching about this question. It seems to me there are three map versions.

1. 1st edition, brown Bluff 0912-1012 (Errata)
2. 2nd edition, red Bluff 0912-1012 (Right)
3. 3rd edition(mounted map), grey Slope 0912-1012 (Errata)
(C1 Brown to WN 62S Green, three hex sides)

In the rulebook, there are several images, they are different, on some, they are brown Bluffs, on others, they are grey Slope.

1. Page 11, both images → brown Bluff (1st edition).
2. Page 24, image → grey Slope (3rd edition, mounted map).
3. Pages 27-28, images → brown Bluff (1st edition).
4. Page 39, image → grey Slope (3rd edition, mounted map).

About rules, I've revised the v2 document (Corrections for Second Printing) and all revised rules are well in our rulebook, except the last two about page 32 scenarios. I don't find them.

1. Page 32, Introductory Scenario, last sentence: Change “10 or more VPs” to “9 or more VPs”.
2. Page 32 – the corrections listed in the Corrections box will be incorporated into this printing, so this box can be deleted.

Map (more erratas)
1. Hex 1234: Remove extraneous bocage protruding into hex.
2. Adjust color of the brown bluff dotted line running along 0912 and 1012 so it matches the red of the other bluff lines on the map.
3. Terrain Key: Add Mined Trail (as seen in hex 0816)

Does anyone know if 1 and 3 periods are well on the mounted map? I think 3 period is right but I have no idea about 1 period.

Cards
The card number 24 seems to be well, too.

Counters
About counters on the v2 Corrections, the tank unit 2/A/741 has the errata that Corrections v2 explains. I suppose everything else counters are errated, too.

Could anybody look over this, please? Mainly, what I didn't find. I don't know the game, yet. I didn't play it never.

I've read on other thread here in BGG if you register the game in Decision Games website, they send to you the revised 2nd edition counters.

Quote:
Fyi, the errata counters for D-Day at Omaha Beach are not included in either the 2nd edition of D-Day at Tarawa or in the 3rd edition of D-Day at Omaha Beach. They are supposed to be provided free of charge to registered D-Day at Omaha Beach owners the first part of 2018.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1829586/any-issues-2nd-edit...

I bought D-Day at Tarawa 2nd edition (mounted map) the same day, too. Let's hope to be luckier...

PD: Sorry for my terrible English, I do my best. I'm 43, it's difficult learning languages when oneself is a fortyish. I understand reading English very well but to write it, it's so difficult for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ninam wrote:
I understand reading English very well but to write it, it's so difficult for me.

You're doing great. Better than a lot of people in the US who only know how to write with their thumbs in acronyms and misspelled words!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etemenanki
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
LoTR Fan!
badge
J.R.R. Tolkien Rocks!
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Ninam wrote:
I understand reading English very well but to write it, it's so difficult for me.

You're doing great. Better than a lot of people in the US who only know how to write with their thumbs in acronyms and misspelled words!

I'm so glad for your kind words.

Many thanks, Barry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Ninam wrote:

U speak 4 URself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the uninitiated (like me) who are looking to buy this game, can someone net out the impact on gameplay and potential fixes for the 3rd edition map and other errata?

Are these going to impact playability? Any suggested fix by the publisher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
You can buy it with eyes closed. The impact is absolutely not important, and this is one of the best solitaire wargames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Chua
United States
California
flag msg tools
I wish there wasn't a misprint on the mounted board no matter how minor it may be I don't think it'll be replaced either but I wonder if we can just buy the correct version of the board itself

Edit: the game is awesome and I've enjoyed every single time I played it (four beach landing games - won none but the closest I got was 14 points). Love the game and I won't let this minor error take that away. However, from my understanding, this map error did not exist in the previous versions and for some irrational reason it just bugs me a bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the idea that you just remember that this colored hex is supposed to be a different color?

I guess without knowing the rules it’s hard to assess the level of impact on the game. I don’t really want to get multi colored sharpies out to annotate the board but it sounds like that’s what is required here.

Is there any limit on the timeframe when the corrected counters will be offered?

I’m wondering if the other games in the series would be better if fewer errata are present?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a recent email I received from Decision Games, the corrected counters should be shipping out in about 2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
four beach landing games - won none

My score is worse: 9 games, 0 victories, all games lost cause Catastrophic Losses....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hieronymus62 wrote:
Quote:
four beach landing games - won none

My score is worse: 9 games, 0 victories, all games lost cause Catastrophic Losses....
lol had few games last week, just curios at which turn things are getting worst? On my last game on turn 6 I had only one infantry lost, for sure I missed something in between

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Spessato
msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
On my last game on turn 6 I had only one infantry lost,

Or you are a very lucky man, or I am very unlucky. German positions fires exactly in hexes where I have my units in steady fire, and every time the card symbol matches with symbol on my units...My tanks are wiped out in few turns, and German artillery is deadly and merciless. Omaha Beach, for my troops, is a real nightmare, like it was in reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninam wrote:

Map (more erratas)
2. Adjust color of the brown bluff dotted line running along 0912 and 1012 so it matches the red of the other bluff lines on the map.

Does anyone know if 1 and 3 periods are well on the mounted map? I think 3 period is right but I have no idea about 1 period.

Hex 1234 is corrected on the third edition map. The Mined Trail appears in the terrain key. So really, it's just the hexsides from 0912-1012. Has anyone gotten an official answer from Doc or John if this is errata?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jhonny seven
msg tools
mbmbmb
maudineormsby wrote:
Ninam wrote:

Map (more erratas)

Hex 1234 is corrected on the third edition map. The Mined Trail appears in the terrain key. So really, it's just the hexsides from 0912-1012. Has anyone gotten an official answer from Doc or John if this is errata?

I would also like to know this before I take a sharpie to the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Sorry for just now catching up with this thread. The third printing of the map is in error. I had to locate and compare all three printings of the maps to confirm.

In short, the 2nd printing of the map is correct.

On the third printing, hexsides 0912/1011, 1012/1011 and 1012/1112 should be bluffs, not slopes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
would be any chance to fix these hexes maybe by releasing a sort of stickers to apply at the map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bah Bah
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Stickers would be great, but if not, would it be possible to have a PDF of the corrected hexsides ? Something with the correct width and length that we could tape or glue to the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wellman
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geneprio wrote:
would be any chance to fix these hexes maybe by releasing a sort of stickers to apply at the map?

+1. I'd been waiting for this reprint to land, but I've got to hold out to see what fixes for all errata will be available from the publisher (I'm messy with a sharpie, at best).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
yup, just bought 3rd edition because of the mounted board (had 2nd and sold it) only to find out that it has errata from the 1st edition, really dissapointed.. I 'll email the company for the corrected counters though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Bah wrote:
Stickers would be great, but if not, would it be possible to have a PDF of the corrected hexsides ? Something with the correct width and length that we could tape or glue to the board.

Third Edition Mapboard Overlay...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unai Martinez
Spain
Heppenheim
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the mounted map from the Update Kit also wrong? I guess it's the exact same as the 3rd edition one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.